This job is no longer available
A bit about the Team:
The Digital Marketing team has been formed to be the Centre of Excellence for Digital Marketing activity globally – we manage all digital marketing for all countries. The Senior Manager, SEO will report into the Head of Digital Marketing, and will work as part of this team to truly establish the team as the Centre of Excellence. Other areas within the Digital Marketing team include Affiliates and PPC.
The Senior Manager, SEO, will have two direct reports in the short term, The SEO team currently works with SEO agencies to implement the work. Longer term, the team is likely to need to grow as we expand into more countries and, if cost-effective, bring some SEO work in-house.
The SEO team is responsible for a crucial source of traffic and revenue for ASOS. The purpose of the team is to ensure we maintain our top position in the UK in terms of SEO traffic, and to grow international traffic. The role is a global one, with responsibility for the UK and our other six country sites, as well as more local country sites as they open. The role will also help develop a mobile SEO
strategy, as well as help grow ASOS Fashion Finder and ASOS Marketplace.
What Success Looks Like:
• Success at ASOS is judged by results – so we will want to see high levels of growth in traffic,
revenue and profit from SEO for all countries
• Building a true global centre of excellence for SEO
• A growing understanding from those who aren’t necessarily SEO specialists of the importance
and basic principles of SEO
• Bringing SEO into the heart of the work that many of our teams do
Skills and experience you will need:
• Senior level SEO management experience, as well as hands-on experience of
actually “doing” SEO (not just managing agencies to do it)
• A thorough technical knowledge of all aspects of SEO
• International SEO experience a must
• Experience of managing an in-house team and outsource partners
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong reporting skills and confidence to present to Senior Management and others who are
not knowledgeable about SEO
• Able to build strong working relationships with a busy and vibrant ecommerce environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Multitasker and able to work at a fast pace
• Prior experience with Webtrends is beneficial
• An understanding of PPC and other Digital Marketing channels
The Story so far…
ASOS burst on to the scene in 2000 and hasn’t looked back. We are the UK’s number one fashion
and beauty destination, and as a recent survey showed, we are the second most visited fashion
website on the planet. We ship to over 190 countries and also have specific sites targeting the USA, French and German, Italian and Australian markets. With much excitement we opened our office in Sydney in January 2012 and New York in September 2012, France and Germany following soon after. This is all part of our strategy, which we call ASOS Future.
Our ambition is to be the world’s no.1 online fashion brand for 20-somethings, having set ourselves a target to reach £1bn annual sales by 2015. Therefore it is really important to us that we continue to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
The ASOS Way
We do things a certain way - The ASOS Way. It’s our DNA and runs through every single thing we do here - it defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. Some things change, these don’t.
We are Passionate; we are proud to be a part of ASOS, we always give our best and we celebrate
We are Customer Obsessed; we know our customers love fashion and we understand what they want, we know our stuff inside and out, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We Restlessly Innovate; we don’t stand still, we give it a go and we’re brave.
We are Collaborative and Respectful; We work together to get the job done, we grow ideas from within, we make things happen and we do the right thing.
People are the future of our business and we have really big ideas. We know we need people who can turn these ideas into reality – it’s our people that make the difference.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
To apply online please visit http://careers.asos.com/applying/vacancies