This job is no longer available
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependant upon the changing needs of the tesco.com business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
• Develop the roadmap for our web analytics implementations (using Omniture Site Catalyst and Insight) across our websites, platforms and devices to enable a single and consistent view of the customer through all interfaces
• Work closely with our website development teams to ensure new deployments are optimised to support accurate measurement and reporting
• Own the relationship with key third parties (eg Adobe) and work with them to support our growing analytical needs
• Lead the development of our web analytics strategy for the future reflecting both changes in the industry, business strategy and consumer behaviour.
• Develop the right KPIs to support customer, channel and product category performance analysis
• Identify trends, patterns and anomalies that help understand customer behaviour, shape site design and improve campaign marketing performance and social media strategies
• Develop customer journey analysis to identify improvements to site functionality and content necessary to improve conversions and customer return visits
• Champion the use of web analytics within the team and across the broader Tesco business and own and advise on best practice across a number of business teams
• Provide relevant training and programs for multiple disciplines to follow. Be the go to point for knowledge regarding web analytics and performance measurement.
• Synthesize web analytics, search marketing, and customer experience metrics to present a transparent overall picture and measure success of changes to our offer
• Conduct ongoing research into analytics trends and best practices to be considered and implemented into Tesco’s analytics methodologies
• Manage a small team both in the UK and overseas
Working across the varied functions of Tesco.com, this role will best suit an individual who is highly numerate, well organised, a pragmatic and lateral thinker who thrives under pressure and can engage and lead stakeholders of various levels and most importantly, puts customers first.
Key Experience and Qualifications
• 5 years + experience working in a digital environment developing and exploiting web analytics tools to support insight and measure website & marketing performance.
• Highly numerate with a university degree of 2:1 or higher in a quantitative discipline or relevant experience
• Prior experience of implementation and development of Omniture Site Catalyst / Insight
• Prior experience of integrating web analytics platforms and campaign analytics with a corporate BI tool’s. (Cognos / BO / Microstrategy)
• Experience using analytical or business intelligence tools
• Project management experience
• Experience of working with teams overseas is advantageous
Knowledge and Skills
• Advanced web analytics skills and good knowledge of analytics tools and databases
• Confidence and ability to translate complex analysis by drawing conclusions and convey the benefit and actions from the data driven decisions.
• Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
• Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
• Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
• Understanding and experience of A/B and Multivariate testing methodologies.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please e-mail CV directly