This job is no longer available
My client is one of the most exciting early stage technology companies in the world, operating a hugely successful and innovative social network with a truly global presence. Since their inception a few years ago they have grown the user base considerably and with further growth planned they are looking to hire a talented Data Scientist to derive relevant and useful information from the significant volume of data and enable the business to learn and shape future strategy.
• Extract patterns from large transaction and consumer behaviour datasets and transform data into an informational advantage for decision support
• Sort, analyse and deliver relevant information to the business
• Research new ways for modelling end-user behaviour; modelling includes data collection, organization, advanced statistical analysis and predictive solutions, text and data mining
• Ideally educated to Ph.D level in Maths, Statistics or Computer Science
• Machine Learning experience; familiarity with R and Hadoop ideally
• Several years “real world” Big Data/Analytics experience
• Proven track record of solving challenging problems in both academia and industry
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
• A willingness to seek initiative, undertake self-development activities, and seeks increased responsibilities
• Outstanding communication skills, including proven experience in making complex subject matter accessible to a broader audience
• Intellectual Curiosity – a willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide the highest level of service
• An unyielding team-first mentality, with a willingness to “lean in” in a start-up environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Position: Data Scientist
Salary: £60-75,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Contact: Charlie Allen
Tel: 0207 4921848
Referral Fee: £450
Just Digital is a specialist Digital Marketing & E-commerce Recruiter. If you’re a digital marketing or e-commerce professional interested in advancing your career, we can help. Our core sectors include Retail, Leisure & Travel, Technology, Financial Services and e-Commerce Vendors.
Not quite right for you? If you know someone who would be great for this job, then please contact us or send us their details (with their permission of course!) along with the job reference number. We pay generous rewards for all successful referrals!