This job is no longer available
The newly created Viewer Relationship Management (VRM) team sits within the Audience Technologies & Insights (ATI) department of Channel 4. ATI encompasses Research & Insight, Data Analytics and VRM, and its role is to help C4’s core business model survive & thrive in a connected digital landscape by:
• Understanding our viewers even better: what they like & what they do
• Having a deeper relationship with our viewers than any other broadcaster
• Gaining commercial advantage through these relationships to deliver superior innovation to viewers and advertisers supported by data and insight
The VRM team is central to the strategic focus for Channel 4 over the next decade and beyond; a strategy of building deeper relationships with our viewers to drive loyalty to all of our content, products and initiatives. As we enter a decade of connected TV, the VRM team will focus on maximising the opportunities these connected platforms deliver. The primary aim of the team is to engage viewers, develop an ongoing conversation with them, and deliver mutual benefits.
Reporting to a VRM Manager, you will be responsible for helping deliver registered viewers and building viewer relationships. The role will incorporate the development and implementation of VRM campaigns across all existing and developing platforms, using the most appropriate communications methods (including social media).
The VRM Executive will work closely with the marketing, product, data and editorial teams to spot VRM opportunities and develop effective creative consumer campaigns.
As part of a fast growing team, this role will also have opportunity to input on VRM strategy development.
• Support the VRM strategy to create and build viewer relationships with Channel 4.
• Manage and co-ordinate effective acquisition and retention campaigns utilising Channel 4, paid-for and social media.
• Working with project teams to deliver new communication tools that enable new comms channels such as facebook and iOs as well as email.
• Manage ongoing “test and learn” trials to maximise the efficacy of viewer relationship initiatives.
• Develop relationships with key representatives within Multi-Platform Commissioning, Marketing, Online, and Product to deliver propositions and activities.
• Ensure all initiatives have a clear viewer benefit, data collection is transparent and reflects Channel 4’s approach to the handling of viewer data.
• Embrace all “connected” technology to maximise acquisition opportunities and improve the viewer experience for people who consume Channel 4 content on all digital platforms.
• Identify opportunities to acquire viewers using all of Channel 4’s touch points inc:
• the portfolio of websites including C4.com, E4, More4, Film4 and 4Music and
across social media (Facebook, Twitter)
• 4oD on the internet, on iPhone & iPad, on Xbox and PS3
• Events such as Million Pound Drop and T4 on the Beach
• Deliver quality confirmed registrants who have demonstrable long term value to the channel.
• Work with Product teams to define and develop viewer propositions that will encourage registration and enhance registered viewers experience of Channel 4.
• Manage viewer relationships from point of acquisition onwards, ensuring that each stage of the viewer journey is recognised and acted upon (welcome, in-life, reactivation etc).
• Develop and manage increasingly sophisticated (and automated) personalised communications across all existing and emerging platforms.
• Co-ordinate social media activity to create an effective acquisition and retention funnel for the Channel.
• Develop and manage contact strategies and common rules for all communications.
• Work with the Research teams to carry out regular Qualitative & Quantitative research to review and refine acquisition and retention tactics, and other elements of the way Channel 4 manages its relationship with its viewers.
Technical & Professional Skills (Knowledge, Understanding, Experience, Education)
• Experienced in digital marketing and digital development, with a solid understanding of acquiring and retaining new viewers.
• Experience in managing Social Media campaigns and applications.
• Understanding of data and a data driven marketing.
• Experience of Omniture (preferred), Google Analytics or Nedstats etc.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work within virtual teams.
• Experience in representing major brands below the line either client or agency side.
• Experience of the broadcast sector would be beneficial, but is not requisite.
• Professional qualifications in digital marketing are also a benefit.
• Awareness of Facebook and Twitter regs and permission based marketing is desirable.
• Acts with autonomy, making decisions to deadlines and to judge when to refer up.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and a highly diligent, organised and self-motivated person.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
• Ability to deliver under pressure.
Relationship Management (Internal & External)
• Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse personalities.
• Drive the best out of all agency resources within budget and to deadlines.
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Passionate about Channel 4 and its role in a converging age.
• Obsessive about digital and data driven marketing and how it can drive deeper, more rewarding, relationships with viewers, evangelising the use of data throughout the organisation.
• Enjoy exploring new ideas and possibilities.
• Problems will be complex as Channel 4 moves to a more data-rich world - you will need to develop new processes and ways of working.
• Take an analytical approach to problem solving.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.