This job is no longer available
Founded in 2000, ASOS is the third most visited apparel website on the planet (comscore data April 2011) with 1,500 new product lines being introduced each week. Aimed at fashion forward twenty something’s globally, sales for the financial year ending 31 March 2012 were £481.5 million.
ASOS continues to grow internationally with 59% of retail sales now coming from outside of the UK. In 2010 and 2011, ASOS launched local websites for the US, France and Germany, Spain, Italy and Australia. The ASOS Group now has over 900 employees based in the UK and recently recruited its first global employees based in Sydney, Australia to help promote awareness of the ASOS brand internationally.
Our ambition is to be the world’s no.1 online fashion brand for 20-somethings, having set ourselves a target to reach £1bn annual sales by 2015. Therefore it is integral that ASOS continues to attract top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
Your role will be to manage the sales performance of one of our key territories – focusing on either Russia, Northern Europe (including Denmark, Sweden & the Netherlands) or Asia (including China, Hong Kong, Taiwan & Singapore), working with both the internal digital marketing team and 3rd party agencies to develop and deliver the digital marketing, PR and partnership plans.
• Understand the ASOS customer / target market in each market and gather customer intelligence to inform customer communication, marketing plans and the customer experience
• Manage and develop the existing affiliate program in these markets, building relationships with the top affiliates and working with them to increase awareness and sales
• To work with the CRM team to localise our email strategy to these markets; identifying opportunities, delivering campaigns, testing and optimising to deliver the target revenue per email sent
• Managing campaigns and activity design to grow the databases in these markets
• To work with the SEM team to manage the local search agencies and ensure PPC/SEO campaigns deliver against ROI targets, grow sales and support all global and local marketing campaigns
• Working closely with internal PR and our external agency to support PR activity
• Identify commercial partnerships with local media outlets and negotiate placements to grow awareness and deliver a positive ROI
• Manage and develop local re-sellers in each market to increase sales whilst maintaining brand integrity
• Help develop the localised social media strategy, enabling us to both engage with and recruit customers through the various social media channels
• To work with the marketing/finance teams to assess the effectiveness of on and off-line marketing activity and establish the business case for new campaigns and promotions
We are passionate about our people; they’re the future of our business, which is why we invest time and effort in recruiting the perfect match! Our employees are passionate about ASOS, their role and the overall success of the company. We are all motivated to drive our own success and achieve individual objectives. Communication is key to any role here as our employees continually build relationships at all levels across the business. We’re fast paced, so all employees need to able to adapt to change pretty quickly, be enthused and excited about what’s around the corner for us.
Some skills you will need
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bilingual - fluent in English and ideally mother-tongue Mandarin, Russian or one of the key European markets listed above
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally within a Marketing based course
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Excellent understanding of the relevant territory market, ideally the eCommerce/online retail market
• Strong relevant experience within a fashion, retail or online environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to effectively prioritise workload
• A good understanding of/experience in online marketing, plus experience with web analytics would be useful
Attitude and Understanding:
• Keen interest in fashion and e-commerce
• Entrepreneurial & a good negotiator
• Self motivated
• Willing to ‘go the extra mile’ when required
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Emma Sadler, Recruitment Manager
To search and apply for this role, please see