This job is no longer available
Blue Latitude helps our clients build effective and sustainable customer engagements. We are particularly skilled at using digital touch points to make these connections and have over a decade’s experience in healthcare, life sciences and other regulated sectors. Our clients include: Lilly, Pfizer, Baxter, Astellas, Parkinsons Movement, Deutche Bank and Neptune Investments. Our work focuses around 3 main service areas of: Strategy and Planning, Customer Experience and Delivery and Optimisation.
We are recruiting an exceptional Marketing Manager, for maternity cover, from September 24th 2012 for up to 1 year. Your contract will be for a five day week and you will be based out of an office in Clerkenwell, London.
You will be responsible for working with the board, the wider consultant team, chosen partners and agencies to deliver all marketing, communications and promotional activity on time and to a high standard. You must have strong hands-on marketing, digital and business development experience.
As a professional service company, our business development, thought leadership and sales are driven by the relationships between our clients and our consultants and you will be supporting all aspects of these relationships.
You will manage the brand across a wide range of marketing activities including events and conferences; the development of our sales collateral and product and service offering; digital channels (website, blog, twitter, Linked In, email) and any press and internal communications activity.
Tasks are likely to be many and varied, typical examples include:
• Managing the development of Blue Latitude’s thought leadership, sales and brand collateral
• Managing the planning and execution of events, conference, webinars, workshops and speaking opportunities
• Developing content for Blue Latitude website, blog and any third party activity
• Planning and execution of any PR (mainly digital), media or 3rd party partnerships or client email activity
• Managing Blue Latitude’s social media activity - including Twitter, Linked In, Slideshare etc
• Working with Blue Latitude’s web analytics team to optimise our digital performance and our SEO activity
• Working with Senior Management on business and lead generation, dealing with early sales enquiries and attending and preparing for sales meetings and RFI and RFPs
• Working with Senior Management to assist with any internal communications, employee engagement and arranging our bi-weekly knowledge sharing sessions
• Managing all aspects of the marketing budget and marketing calendar
• Project manage and work with internal team to resource all marketing projects adequately
Abilities and Skills
To be a Marketing Manager at Blue Latitude, you will need to possess the following capabilities:
• Strong collaboration and persuasion skills – ability to work with all levels of seniority within the business
• First class communication skills (both written and verbal) are imperative
• Strong attention to detail, a ‘can do’ attitude and numeracy skills are crucial as is the ability to use your initiative and think creatively
• A demonstrable passion for digital business and marketing
• Quick learning abilities and an inquisitive nature – the ability to research, understand, evaluate opportunities and solve problems
• The ability to develop and discuss your own ideas and how they can contribute to the business
• To feel comfortable presenting, negotiating and selling to clients, external agencies, third parties and internal stakeholders
• Great project management skills, the ability to manage third parties and external agencies
• Excellent time management, self-motivation and the ability to work without close supervision, managing your own workload
• Full computer and excellent digital literacy
• Marketing or Business focused Degree
• CIM or DIM qualifications are not required but would be a definite advantage
• A minimum of five years’ experience working in marketing either client side, supplier side or in an agency/consultancy / professional services company
• Business to Business marketing and/or sales experience
• Demonstrate the ability to own marketing projects from start to finish
• Knowledge of most major online marketing techniques including PPC, SEO, email and advertising
• Proven experience within social media, particularly B2B campaigns, and managing and executing Blogs (Wordpress), Twitter, and Linked In activity
• Awareness and understanding of web analytics and online metrics, particularly Google analytics and other online monitoring tools
• Experience of specifying websites and content briefs
• Although we are not looking to fill a technical role a basic understanding of online technologies (HTML, XML, etc) would be beneficial
What to expect from Blue Latitude
• An entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and to build upon your skills considerably
• To work in a rapidly expanding company which is committed to your training and personal development and strives to create a positive team-based work environment
• You can expect to work at a senior management level on varied and interesting projects and to be an important part of the team, contributing from day one, making a difference to the Blue Latitude business
• Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, cycle scheme, private healthcare and a good work life balance
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Apply by emailing email@example.com a copy of your CV, a covering letter that includes answers to the following questions:
1. Your salary expectations and notice period
2. Why would you be a great Marketing Manager?
3. What appeals to you about working at Blue Latitude?
All applicants must be in possession of a valid passport