This job is no longer available
This role is responsible for the management of three major programmes of work within BSOP: The Technical Strategy Programme, The Product Roadmap and The Shared Services Programme. Reporting to the Head of Technology, this senior management and leadership will be expected to have the greatest level of personal and professional discipline in ensuring that all Development, whether Product based or Shared, is appropriately planned, run and reported.
This broad role requires of the holder to be able to use a number of Project Methodologies. During the planning of bi-weekly product updates, they will be expected to act as Agile Coach to the development team, ensuring that the iterations are planned at the right level of detail to reduce risk and to promote the Agile Ethos. At the strategic level they will be expected to work closely with both the Design and Development teams in ensuring that the right level of detail is being discussed and recorded so that sound decisions on prioritisation and pipeline planning can be made, and that risks and uncertainty are reduced early.
As a senior member of the BSOP management team, the role requires an active participation in developing the business and embedding the Company Values.
Support for the Long Term Technical Strategic Development Schedule
• Responsible for ensuring that the projects requested by the Technical Steering Group are appropriately managed and clearly reported.
• Responsible for managing the delivery of the BSOP Technical Strategic Projects.
Support for Product Road Map Delivery
• Work closely with the Product and Platform Architects to ensure that all involved in developing the quarterly reviews of the Product Roadmaps are highlighting early wins, opportunities for shared development and are developing the requirements at sufficient detail to avoid ambiguity or delay.
• Ensure that the Desired Objectives for the Product Roadmaps are clearly known and worked towards at all times.
• Plan the Road Map Implementation schedule, and ensure that this is aligned with the Product Agile Iterations.
• As Agile Coach during the Product Iterations, enable the team to deliver the expected benefits and make full use of the opportunity in each iteration.
Support the Shared Services Programme
• Responsible for ensuring that the projects within the Shared Services Programme are appropriately managed and clearly reported.
• Responsible for managing the delivery of the BSOP Shared Services Programme.
• Work closely with the Design and Senior Developers to ensure that all items identified as being potentially written as Shared Services are clearly defined and programmed for delivery in time for the linked Road Map delivery.
• Ensure that the Desired Objectives for the Shared Services are clearly known and worked towards at all times.
• Plan the Shared Services Implementation schedule, and ensure that this is aligned with the Product Roadmaps.
• Run and report the progress of the Shared Services Implementation Schedule.
Supporting IT Governance
• Ensure that the appropriate Project Methodology is agreed and followed depending on situation and required outcome.
• Clearly report on Risks and Progress of all Development output in BSOP.
• Ensure that appropriate controls are in place and being reported in order to deliver the Risk Profile required by the Senior Management Team.
• As a senior member within BSOP, maintain the highest level of personal and professional standards and uphold the Company Values at all times and in all places.
• As a member of Brightsolid, take every opportunity to maintain the Group’s good standing in the wider industry, and to set and maintain thought leadership in the areas we choose to pursue.
• As a senior member of the BSOP Management team, at all times support the overall business objectives, and report and act on any area which may cause us to fall short of those objectives.
• 10 years+ Programme and Project Leadership experience in a Technical field.
• 5 years+ experience as an Agile Coach
• 5 years+ experience with formal Project Management Disciplines (as defined in the PMBoK)
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Proven results in challenging Leadership roles
• An unbroken reputation for maintaining the highest professional and personal standards
• Demonstrated track record in the delivery of large scale Software Development projects and Enterprise level technical operations.
• A demonstrated commitment to the delivery of outstanding service to internal and external customers
• Broad awareness of Web and Mobile Platform technolgoies
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline or appropriate Industry qualifications
• Excellent inter-personal skills and personal focus
• Commercially aware
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
All CVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org