This job is no longer available
Around 15 million vacuum cleaners are sold each year across continental Europe. Dyson operates across 9 major EU markets (with offices in each) – and has become number 1 by value in many of them; taking on significant local competition. Europe is the traditional home of the bag.
Dyson aims to sell more than a million vacuum cleaners in Europe this year (as well as growing its share of the fan and hand dryer markets.
A major challenge is building awareness, in which online plays a key part. Hence this role:
This role sits within the European Marketing team – but its remit also extends to Dyson’s emerging (IBD) markets. It is responsible for unlocking the digital potential of the web, driving the strategic online direction and customer relationship management for the region. The candidate will report into the EU Marketing Director, with a dotted line into the Ecommerce MD.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for devising, communicating and delivering the strategic direction of the European digital proposition – working with the EU Marketing Director and local market stakeholders to set the strategy for the EU Online approach, and securing alignment from the Ecommerce MD.
• In collaboration with consumer marketing team and our agency roster; ensure that agencies propose and implement brand awareness and acquisition strategies that maximize Dyson’s performance through identified channels. Working with the Digital team to prioritize and implement campaign recommendations.
• Retailer websites – work with local markets to produce regular reviews of key retailer websites and develop improvement plans to deliver incremental sales. Work with markets to develop online retail sales reports.
• CRM and customer loyalty – develop and implement CRM lifecycle and tactical communication activity aimed at driving customer loyalty, customer satisfaction and incremental sales opportunities. Work with the Group Head of CRM to ensure that activity is consistent with Dyson best practice and data capture processes are legally compliant.
• Social media – work closely with the Group Social Media Development Manager to devise and implement a social media strategy reflecting both Group and European business goals.
• Measurement and reporting of KPIs to ensure return on investment of key projects – ensure that appropriate mechanisms are in place to measure the effectiveness of all EU online marketing activities including, but not limited to: measures for site traffic & conversion, PPC activity, display campaigns, & retailer partner online sales. Ensure that top level online performance is communicated to the wider business.
• Effective delivery of product launches - work with offline teams to devise, implement and integrate the digital element of new product launches.
• Dyson web-site development – create the business case for any significant site content or functionality development. Key stakeholder in the delivery of the CMS platform with the Digital Team to ensure the understanding of regional business requirements and that desired activities are aligned.
• Collaboration – work collaboratively with Digital Team (both Malmesbury & in the international territories) and local market stakeholders to ensure consistency in brand approach across the digital strategy. Ensure that best practice is core to all activity.
• People Management – develop and coach local market teams in their roles as well as setting objectives and supporting career growth (dotted line). Opportunities for direct line management as EU online resource grows.
Areas for role development:
CRM: managing business case and implementation of CRM across Europe
Going transactional: managing business case and roll out for the European region to sell Dyson technology through Dyson.com
New ideas: Dyson is different and you are best placed as the expert on Europe online to suggest new creative concepts, online ventures, campaigns – or simply new ways of working to enhance our presence and consumer’s experience of Dyson online.
• Extensive marketing experience across the broad range of customer acquisition and retention channels. i.e. PPC, SEO, display, price comparison, display, email.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well with international colleagues, and a variety of different personality types and skill sets.
• Proven knowledge of working to challenging deadlines across multiple teams and securing agreement on the way forward.
• Passionate about digital and the opportunities it brings to drive brand awareness, Dyson engagement and ultimately retail sales.
• Self starter with lots of initiative.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and secure buy-in at all levels.
• Ability to coach and mentor others who may not be as experienced in this field.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
All contact details can be found on our website.
Please ensure that you include a covering letter with your CV detailing your suitability for this role.