This job is no longer available
The Head of the Communications Channels Unit (CHAN) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Unit. In close co-operation with the Editorial unit and other internal stakeholders, he/she ensures the effective development and implementation of integrated internal and external communications plans in support of EFSA’s Communications strategy.
The jobholder will be responsible for:
STRATEGIC DIRECTION OF THE UNIT
- Developing and co-ordinating implementation of EFSA’s on- and offline publications strategy and plans including corporate and scientific publications (e.g. Annual Report, newsletters, fact sheets, brochures) as well as multi-media products;
- Developing and co-ordinating communications campaigns to promote EFSA and its work (e.g. calls for scientific experts, information campaigns in key thematic areas);
- Developing events communications strategies, concept development as well as design and production of related communications tools;
- Defining/further developing organisation-wide guidelines and initiatives to effectively leverage EFSA’s image/brand equity across all communications tools (e.g. social media, media handling guidelines, etc);
- Strengthening coordination of communications activities and plans with networks (Member States, stakeholders, non EU food safety agencies) and EU risk managers (in particular the European Commission).
OPERATIONS OF THE UNIT
- Planning, coordinating and managing the communications activities and administrative tasks of the Unit across the key sections (online/offline);
- Overseeing and further developing the Unit’s work, including building synergies and new tools to streamline outputs and better address user needs;
- Ensuring timely and relevant internal communications, through development of appropriate programmes and tools to keep staff informed and engaged with EFSA’s work and activities;
- Ensuring research tools are in place to assess user needs and evaluate effectiveness of communications activities across all channels; analyse key findings to help inform further development of communications approaches.
PEOPLE AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Managing a dynamic unit comprising 13 staff members;
- Developing management plans outlining the key initiatives, human and financial resources required to implement EFSA’s Communications strategy;
- Identifying budgetary resources required to execute the Communications Channels Unit (CHAN) annual plans, ensuring monitoring of expenses and correctness of processes and execution of the assigned budget;
- Overseeing public procurement of products and services; Contributing to the development and monitoring of key performance indicators.
The jobholder reports to the Director of Communications.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please apply through corporate website indicated above