This job is no longer available
eCommerce continues to grow quickly and is undergoing a transformative phase with the mobilisation of the internet, the proliferation of connected devices and the fast adoption of social and local technologies by merchants and developers. The rate of innovation in eCommerce means that it is likely continue to substitute existing transactions for the foreseeable future. In addition the need for new payment solutions has never been more pertinent as merchants and developers adapt to fast evolving consumer demands. This creates a number of opportunities for Visa and its members.
Our vision is to maintain Visa’s overall payments market leadership and long-term relevance by developing the propositions to position Visa as the payment scheme of choice for eCommerce.
This is a high profile role in a strategically critical area for Visa. You will be responsible for the development of Visa Europe’s eCommerce strategy and securing investment for future product development in the fast moving and innovative eCommerce market. You will lead a team of senior managers to bring an external and future orientated perspective to Visa Europe’s thinking and plans. Critically you will be able to balance your active interest in innovation (technical and business), your deep understanding of consumer behaviour online and a grounding in the data/facts to determine which areas warrant investment at any particular time.
As a senior leader at Visa, the role holder will also be a thought leader in eCommerce innovation and will play a key role in developing this agenda with our members and across the market place.
* Lead the eCommerce strategy team to shape Visa Europe’s eCommerce strategy and plans for the next 3 to 5 years
* Secure stakeholder support for our strategy and plans
* Take 3 to 5 high impact initiatives from concept to concrete plan and secure investment as appropriate
* Represent Visa Europe in the eCommerce community, demonstrating thought leadership and the ability to develop pragmatic solutions to real merchant and consumer problems
* Educate Visa Europe and its members about the trends in eCommerce and the competitive environment
* A strong track record of successful innovation ideally with a major e-commerce brand and/or experience of delivering game changing strategic thought in a strategic consultancy
* Highly advanced communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
* Evidenced history of thought leadership in the online payment industry
* A self-starter with a passion for payments and eCommerce
* Mature negotiation skills and a demonstrable track record of finding common ground with third parties to enter into partnership
* Proven senior leadership influencing skills with internal senior management internal and external stakeholders – Chief Executive/Managing Director level
* Knowledge of the financial services industry with familiarity across European geographies
* Experience of working in continental Europe and the ability to speak more than one European language
* MBA or equivalent qualification
* Experience of M&A
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please email your CV and covering letter to