This job is no longer available
We are looking to recruit a Channel Insight Manager - eCommerce within our Insight team based at our Watford office. The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Channel Insight Manager in building a best in class Channel insight and foresight capability in Camelot, and to deliver comprehensive E-Commerce Channel insight & foresight that informs commercial, channel, category and brand strategies, and enables delivery of the Commercial objectives.
Dynamic, pioneering and inspiring, Camelot transforms lives – of National Lottery winners, of the beneficiaries of the Good Causes, and of our staff.
We’re licensed to run the National Lottery until 2023, and are committed to maximising returns to the Good Causes in the most efficient and socially responsible way. We have more than 30,000 retailers nationwide to help us achieve our goals, run the world’s most successful lottery website and operate four of the UK’s biggest brands including Lotto and EuroMillions. Around 70% of the UK’s adult population play The National Lottery on a regular basis – greater reach than any other FMCG brand in the UK.
Additionally, internationally, Camelot offers services for other lotteries – from private lottery operations, online and interactive development through to wider commercial services.
About the Team
The Commercial Insight team will drive holistic consumer-centric Insight and foresight that will inform and shape the Brand, Category and Ecommerce/Retail Channel strategies that meet Camelot's consumer needs and ultimately drive growth for the UK National Lottery over the third licence. Commercial Insight are also the guardians of understanding the ROI and provide the single view of the truth of Camelot's Sales and Marketing investments for all our Brand activities and initiatives in the marketplace.
• Deliver holistic E-Commerce Channel insight underpinned by Consumer and ROI Insight and macro Consumer (inc. on line), Market, Competitor & International trends to drive the Category strategy in Channel
• Manage the segmentation for E-Commerce Consumers to inform campaign and channel development
• Evaluate campaign performance to measure the effectiveness of acquisition performance, value/email tracking and on-site campaigns
• Provide Information and knowledge from International Lotteries
• Provide competitor knowledge and analysis (inc.product launches and eCRM activity) and highlight areas of risk and opportunity
• Responsible for providing Category, Brand and Player revenue to highlight potential issues or opportunities to the E-Commerce and Category teams
• Deliver core reporting needs for E-Commerce, Commercial team and the business
• Develop web analytics and player on line experience programme to drive the player strategy for E-Commerce channel
• Work with the E-Commerce team to establish Channel KPI measures and develop KPI dashboard
• Continuously seek and develop new analysis and data mining capabilities to drive Insight
• Work with partner agencies and E-commerce campaign team to identify and implement insight projects that will drive marketing strategies
• Work with Senior Channel Insight Manager to develop tools and solutions that allow the Commercial teams to access sales Information
• Aligned to the E-Commerce Channel team and works across the Commercial team to deliver insight
• Expected to present to Senior commercial managers and cross functional teams
• Provide business reporting for the NLC in line with the 3rd Licence requirements
• Establish information/insight budget requirements, manages information agencies
• Responsible for robust data management of E.piphany data mart and VBIS database, ensures that it adheres to the data protection act.
Skills & experience
• Proven analytical skills and ability to interpret/analyse complex E-commerce customer data in an efficient way to drive insight and knowledge across Brands/Categories and E-Commerce sector to inform the channel strategy
• In depth knowledge of the E-Commerce environment and expert in providing channel and direct consumer understanding through the use of a customer database and web data
• Experience in developing business reporting and KPI dashboards for a full picture of channel and consumer performance
• Presentation and communication skills, able to present confidently to senior managers and cross functional teams
• Proven ability to take Information from multiple sources (sales, consumer, customer and macro trends) to formulate Insight and provide recommendations and options to influence the E-Commerce Channel strategy
• Understanding of segmentation methodology and how to create and develop a segmentation for business advantage
• Experience of working with campaign teams to create effective targeting models and of tracking campaign performance
• Demonstrable experience of using customer databases and eCRM tools (E.Piphany) for analytics and web analysis tools to understand consumer web behaviour
• Experience of the operational management of customer and web behaviour databases for business gain and regulatory compliance
• Project management skills and proven experience in managing analysis projects from brief to Insight delivery
• Strong commercial awareness and proven experience of incorporating financial awareness and business implications into the recommendations derived from holistic insight
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools for analysis and presentations
• Experience and awareness of regulatory environments and implications on Commercial strategy and Insight development
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please apply directly via our website- http://www.camelotgroupcareers.co.uk
Please inlcude a covering letter and CV explaining your suitability for the job.