This job is no longer available
At Kathmandu we believe adventures are the stuff of life. Whether cycling around the park at lunchtime or trekking through the remote jungles of Borneo, it all comes from an innate human desire to seek out new experiences. At the end of the day, everything we do is about inspiring adventure and encouraging freedom. Freedom to explore; regardless of the destination. Freedom to enjoy travel and the outdoors; under any conditions. Freedom to discover the world around us. Because what is life, if not an adventure?
This is an amazing opportunity to join us in a newly created role, where you will be responsible for the day to day front end design and development for Kathmandu’s websites and other digital applications. This customer focused role will require you to provide a digital experience with Kathmandu that is second to none. Your experience in digital design within a retail environment will be utilised as you actively engage both internal and external stakeholders, to gather, collate and deliver on their digital requirements.
Overall you will be responsible for combining both the needs of the customer with the business and marketing strategies to drive both brand awareness and sales.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager - Communications, you will:
• Design and build landing pages, home page banners, promotional banners, emails for campaigns, online sales communications and customer service communications
• Design image assets for use in social networking communications
• Design and build online only offers landing pages, PPC landing pages, content landing pages and mini sites
• Provide support for conversion optimisation, A/B split and multivariate testing changes, small enhancements and front end fixes
• Represent the needs of the online channel from a design perspective in projects as required
• Undertake design and, where appropriate, development responsibilities as required by the project
Technical Knowledge/Position Specific Skills:
• Relevant industry experience
• A tertiary qualification in design is preferred
• Experience as a front-end Designer/Developer within a digital environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of emerging trends and technologies is preferred
• Experience implementing designs across multiple platforms and browsers in a high traffic (preferably retail) environment
• Knowledge of web usability and accessibility best practice in design
• Experience with Magento, Exact Target WordPress and/or Drupal highly regarded
The successful candidate will have a passion for all things digital: web, social media and mobile with a strong understanding of the retail and online shopping environment.
Demonstrated strengths in organisational and problem solving as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills will prove that you are the right person for the job!
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
If this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, send in your CV and full covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refresh the resume, ace the interview, join the team, live the dream!