This job is no longer available
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: The purpose of the Digital Communications team is to drive Oxfam’s digital strategy and brand online, delivering communications that help attract, inspire and maintain relationships with supporters, and put the user at the heart of the digital experience.
JOB PURPOSE: Drive & deliver the adoption and direction of our new and existing digital platforms, working closely with external agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver real benefits for Oxfam and its supporters.
Oxfam GB has recently invested in best of breed digital platforms – designed to give a compelling supporter experience and help Oxfam deliver on its organisational goals. The new platforms include a CMS, CRM integration, e-commerce , community, search and analytics along with new testing, email and SMS services. Built on top of these platforms is a new, user focused, digital estate which is already delivering on Oxfam’s Digital Vision.
We are now looking for a Digital Development Manager to continue to drive & deliver the adoption and direction of these platforms, working closely with external agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver real benefits for Oxfam and its supporters.
Additionally Oxfam recognises the importance of mobile and is beginning to adopt a mobile first mentality when it comes to delivering digital content. We have a growing stable of mobile applications and excellent relationships with mobile technology suppliers and network operators. The post holder would also be expected to develop, plan and deliver a world class mobile offering that maximises the opportunities across Oxfam’s supporter engagement and programme work, positioning us as a leader in this area.
While we would obviously expect the successful applicant to have an excellent understanding of digital technologies this isn’t a straight technical role and a solid understanding of (Digital) Marketing and a user focused mentality are as important.
• Motivate a high performing team to meet tight objectives as well as encouraging innovation.
• Digital experience with demonstrable results, including delivering and managing large scale websites.
• Experience of working with Agile: Agencies, development teams and a regular release cycle.
• Consultancy experience of digital, able to provide recommendations and communicate complex digital issues to a wide range of stakeholders.
• Proven ability to provide specialist advice to team, department and organisation at a senior level.
• Considerable knowledge of digital technologies and techniques and their potential application for Oxfam’s online work.
• Client liaison/account management work with internal clients, with proven ability to influence decisions at a senior level.
• Excellent project management skills, including awareness of budgets and management of external agencies and suppliers.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the communication environment in which Oxfam works (internal and external).
• Knowledge of social media and platforms and the role of these in the digital channel mix.
• Willingness to exercise a high degree of independent judgment in dealings with internal and external partners and organisations.
o Proven ability in strategic thinking and leadership.
o Personal behaviour sets the standard for the Team, motivates peers and colleagues to meet objectives, and encourages innovation
o Exercises a high degree of independent judgement in dealings with internal and external clients and organisations
o Ecommerce experience.
o An acknowledged expert in their field.
o Outstanding at motivating and leading members of their team/the wider programme unit/region and of external networks
o Shows determination to achieve above-average results
o Seen as a good role model by the organisation
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
For further information please follow the link below:
Job reference COM86