This job is no longer available
Are you inquisitive about websites; their objectives, how they perform and how they can be tested and optimised? Are you an analyst who wants to work in an environment where you can proactively support the decisions that are made online?
Reed Business Information provides data services, information and marketing solutions to business professionals in the UK, the US, Continental Europe, Asia and Australia. It produces industry critical data services and lead generation tools, and over 100 online community and job sites. It publishes over 100 business magazines with market leading positions in many sectors. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
Reed Business Information (RBI) is leading the B2B sector by developing innovative Web 2.0 online services and tools across a range of vertical markets, backed by established brands, investment in technology and a strong focus on user experience.
We are looking for a web analyst to join our in-house team dedicated to the monitoring and optimisation of our varied portfolio of B2B sites. Our activities range across leading brands such as New Scientist and Farmers Weekly to premium data services such as BankersAccuity and ICIS. Success to us in not just about volume of interactions but about outcomes and their impact on business objectives.
While producing reports will form part of your responsibilities you won’t be hiding behind spreadsheets and analytical jargon. The successful candidate will work closely with various business functions and will need to be an effective written and face-to-face communicator. Skills in translating analysis into meaningful and useful insights for non-specialists are very important.
We use the Omniture suite of analytics tools; SiteCatalyst and Discover and are looking for someone with experience of using these tools to produce analysis beyond top level metrics. You will need to gather and understand business objectives, formulate hypotheses and come up with ways of testing them.
While SiteCatalyst implementation is not part of this role, a basic technical knowledge is desired to enable effective communication of analytics business requirements to our dedicated implementation team.
- Creation and distribution of regular and ad-hoc reports
- Working with the business to derive recommendations from analysis
- In-depth project work to support business priorities and development
- Training and support for non-specialists around analytics principles, best-practice and systems use
Required skills and experience
- Previous web analytics experience using Omniture SiteCatalyst and Discover
- Demonstrable experience of analysis for optimisation
- Highly analytical and accurate with strong data handling and Excel skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Confident communication and influencing skills
- Proactive attitude
- Good business acumen
- Pension scheme
- 29 days holiday
- Life insurance 4 x salary
- SAYE scheme
- Recognition within a small highly focused and respected specialist team.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Follow the link to apply directly.