This job is no longer available
Virgin Atlantic Airways is looking for a web content guru to join a team of friendly, passionate and busy Website Editors, managing content on www.virgin-atlantic.com‘s UK and international websites.
The Website Editor is vital in ensuring the content our customers are browsing on virginatlantic.com, is accurate, relevant, current and engaging. The role will support marketing campaigns to ensure what our customers see and experience of Virgin Atlantic offline, is reflected online.
The role also supports colleagues outside of the ecommerce team, both in the UK and in regional offices, in web content tools and online best practice.
This is a brilliant opportunity for anyone who is passionate about delivering high quality and engaging content. We’re looking for a web-savvy, self-starter. Someone is who is organised, good at prioritising themselves, as well as small projects.
Knowledge of usability best practices is a must and ultimately, someone who has a great eye for design will be strongly considered – being able to put together pages using our CMS and utilising components available, with minimal supervision, whilst implementing best design/usability principles and creative content/design presentation.
• Manage content creation, edits, revisions and updates – delivering content that is always current, inspirational and engaging.
• To proactively work with all areas of the business who interface with the customer and all product areas to ensure the site always reflects the image of Virgin Atlantic, our brand values and service personalities.
• Ensure website content is published in line with date and time specific campaigns.
• To assist in website redesign project, by copywriting, designing pages using set templates, UAT, loading content and assets into Adobe CQ5 CMS, as and when required, (as well as any other additional support).
• Update and create marketing microsites hand coded in HTML and CSS.
• To be expert in the use of Tridion and Adobe CQ5 CMS systems support/training to company wide users.
• To implement Search Engine Optimisation best practice recommendations.
• Ensure that the Content Management System and site admin tool is well understood and utilised worldwide.
• To keep abreast of competitor online activity, developments and market trends and make recommendations for the future development of virginatlantic.com.
• To understand the various customer journeys and revenue generating opportunities through the website ensuring we deliver an excellent customer experience.
• To represent the regions in site editorial concerns.
• Website Editors are required to be on call for 1 week at a time (once fully competent in the role) rostered alongside other members of the Ecommerce content team.
• Previous online experience in managing website content.
• Strong writing and editorial skills including experience of writing copy for a live B2C web environment.
• Best web practices encompassing Usability, Accessibility, Design and good eye for detail.
• Good technical aptitude and confident in coding HTML and CSS.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to communicate at all levels, liaise directly and effectively with internal departments and external agencies.
• Confidence to make decisions on your own.
• Experience of using a graphics package (i.e Adobe Photoshop) to manipulate images is a must.
• Experience of working with a Tridion or Adobe CQ5 System highly desirable.
• Knowledge of how to work with Microsoft Office tools.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please apply directly via the web link below.