This job is no longer available
Key Purpose of role
Spring Fair is the the UK’s largest show- it's recent growth has been phenomenal and the search is on for an exceptional Senior Marketing Manager to drive and build on the success of this flagship event.
Our customers are our greatest asset and we need a marketing champion who can drive revenue through dedication to their satisfaction.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be instrumental in developing and implementing marketing and new business development strategies to grow the profile, attendance, exhibitors and sponsors of these successful market leading events in order to increase revenue and profitability.
i2i Events Group enables more than 200,000 buyers and producers to meet and trade at some of the greatest exhibitions, large scale events and festivals in the world. By being there, buyers and sellers open up possibilities, source, test and buy brilliant services, ideas and solutions.
Delegates, visitors and exhibitors come for new ideas and for trusted contacts. They take part in these marketing leading events to devlop themselves and their businesses. Your role will help these events, and with it the people who attend, florish.
What you will become part of – The Home & Gift portfolio is one of the largest exhibition portfolios in the world. You will be at the forefront of B2B marketing, challenging the status quo to achieve phenomenal results. You will be supported by a talented team. You will also be part of a company whose management structure see marketing as a key business driver. It’s an exciting place to be. Join us.
• Development of marketing strategies and world class marketing plans for both traditional and digital marketing
• Leadership of a marketing team; creating a culture of empowerment, engagement and development
• Advocating best practice; ensuring your team deliver world class marketing communications
• Delivery of visitor targets and support exhibitor/sponsorship revenue through customer acquisition and retention marketing within specific ROI criteria
• Increasing website users and develop new digital community brand extensions
• Development, implementation, measurement and analysis of high quality tactical marketing activities which are on brand, timely, and perform within specific budget and ROI criteria
• Support the development and management of customer insight projects which help the business understand the needs of customers and the markets in which they operate, in order to maximise customer value and brand position
• Track relevant developments in the marketplace, share that insight, and understand the challenges and opportunities this may present
• To work closely with Event Directors to build effective sales marketing plans that will drive event revenue
• To build the relationships with current visitors, partners, sponsors and exhibitors to develop deep,
loyal relationships through customer relationship management and customer services
• Management of marketing team across portfolio
• Head of Marketing
• Event Director
• Sales Team
• Sponsorship Director
• External partners and industry associations
• External suppliers
• Contribute information, ideas & recommendations to the strategy process
• Develop an understanding of how to review and exploit competitive brands and market insights
• Budgeting and forecasting of revenue and costs
• Create, manage and implement effective and competitive marketing communications plans, focusing on return whilst upholding brand values
• Plan and manage resources to ensure that activities are implemented effectively and on schedule
• Direct, control, manage & report on delivery against plan & objectives
• Evaluate activities using Emap’s measurement criteria and systems
• Develop, manage & energise a high performance marketing team
• Collaborate with and influence other functions & disciplines internally & externally
• Be an able to be an event ambassador at external events, including awards ceremonies.
• Run industry focus groups to engage all our key stakeholders in the event development.
• Recruit, coach and develop as required
• Hold a degree, Completed a diploma in Marketing (CIM/IDM) (desirable)
• Proven track record of success
• Clear understanding of strategy
• Proven people management experience
• Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business
• Proven budget management experience across a portfolio of products
• Passion, energy, drive and commitment
• Able to work across several projects and manage time effectively
• Analytical thinker
• Able to work under pressure and to conflicting deadlines
• Good verbal and written communicator
• Question the status quo and constantly strive to find better ways of doing things
• Takes ownership and takes initiative
You will be second to none in your track record conceptualising and delivering marketing and brand strategies that drive revenue, you will have a passion for the industry matched by forensic attention to metrics and the bottom line, while your hands on leadership style will motivate your team to achieve results to standards of excellence that will cause inspiration to ripple the industry. If you can offer us all this we will show you a remuneration package to match.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without salary details may delay the process. The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy and reference number.
There is no closing date for this position. Successful candidates will be responded to when they apply and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.