This job is no longer available
PPC Account Director
Reporting to: Managing Director
To manage, grow and develop the PPC operations of DBD Media to help the company to grow revenues and profits, and increase market share.
Help to maintain DBD Media’s position as one of the leading specialist search marketing agencies in the UK.
Day to day management responsibility for the PPC functions within DBD Media.
Achieve agreed profitability / client yield / client growth targets.
Focus on increasing company profitability through both driving revenue growth and delivering operating efficiency.
Maintain and improve DBD Media’s reputation as a provider of best practice, ethical and transparent search engine marketing services.
Prepare and present high quality management information on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Ensure that PPC team closely collaborates with SEO / Social Media/ Web Analytics teams, and that fully integrated search marketing strategies are delivered to clients.
Provide inspirational leadership and performance management to DBD Media’s team of PPC Managers and Executives.
Lead by example by demonstrating PPC marketing expertise at both macro and detailed levels.
Maintain hands-on PPC management experience and be the acknowledged in-house PPC expert.
Recruit, train, coach and motivate PPC teams in order to help DBD Media deliver market leading service and results to our clients.
Ensure that knowledge of industry developments and best practice is shared within PPC and wider company teams and that an information-sharing culture is nurtured.
Ensure that all PPC team members have measurable targets and objectives.
Conduct regular performance reviews with all team members
Produce staff development programmes for each team member
3. Service development
Refine DBD Media’s PPC campaign management methodology to ensure that our PPC marketing service leads the market in terms of quality, service and results.
Ensure that DBD Media’s PPC team remain at the cutting edge of developments in search marketing techniques and that new channels and opportunities are effectively tested and exploited.
Review existing operational processes, explore opportunities to improve performance and produce a development plan for approval by the Managing Director.
Enhance and refine DBD Media’s service offering by developing new ideas, services and revenue streams for consideration by the Board.
Develop strong and proactive relationships with DBD Media’s clients to ensure that expectations in terms of service and results are both met and exceeded.
Ensure that all clients have the appropriate levels of contact and account management.
Ensure that targets, forecasts and development objectives are set for all clients.
Ensure profitable clients are retained, and that returns on marginal clients are increased to bring them to profitability.
Develop an in-depth understanding of the financial status of the full DBD Media client portfolio.
Actively seek to increase the services offered to clients and increase revenue per client generated by DBD Media. Seek to gain increases in client search marketing spend as a percentage of their total marketing budgets.
Develop strong relationships with search engine and technology suppliers to ensure that DBD Media has access to the latest technology, tools, knowledge and developments in best practice.
Ensure that DBD Media’s commercial relationships with suppliers are secured at the most advantageous terms.
6. Business development
Work with the Business Development and management teams to increase DBD Media’s customer base and market share.
Present DBD Media’s PPC proposition to potential clients and partners.
Develop network and provide new business opportunities and partnerships with providers of compatible services.
Represent DBD Media at industry networking events, seminars, conferences and speaker events.
Salary, bonus and share option package to attract the top candidates in the market.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behaviours
We anticipate that the ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- 5 years + search engine marketing experience
- Intelligent, energetic, bright, with excellent academic qualifications
- Consultative approach – required to build relationships internally and externally
- Experience / understanding of business management beyond functional specialism
- Motivated self starter and team builder - proven ability to achieve results
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to present at all levels.
- Able to produce professionally written proposals / presentations and outgoing communications.
- Extensive search marketing expertise
- Experience in both selling and managing PPC search services
- Strong understanding of wider digital marketplace – SEO, Social Media, Analytics, CRO
- Capable of prioritising multiple tasks in a busy deadline-driven environment
- High attention to detail, with commitment to quality of output
- Team worker - hands on approach required - ability to muck in when required.
- UK working visa essential
- Hands-on PPC skills across all core channels, and across Google Analytics and 3rd party tracking technologies
- Advanced Excel skills
- Sales budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven sales and marketing skills and experience
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Proven commercial and business acumen
- Search marketing industry experience – agency or engine Y
- Strong network of business contacts
- Management of small teams
- Excellent academics, with good University degree
- Extensive client servicing experience
- High levels of integrity, loyalty and honesty
- Proven analytical skills and ability to interpret and makes decisions from complex data
- Demonstrable career path - proven ability to commit to a role and help company to grow
- A natural self-starter with strong leadership skills and high levels of personal confidence, assertiveness and influence.
- Delivery focused with a strong desire to succeed through the collaboration with others.
- Ability to lead and motivate internal / external team members
- Pragmatic decision making and prioritisation
- Problem ownership and resolution ability
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please send us your CV, which should include details of all academic qualifications, plus an email explaining why you think you would be a perfect fit for this role at DBD Media.