This job is no longer available
Nomensa is an ambitious and award-winning user experience web design agency with a client list spanning all sectors that would be the envy of most agencies and includes some of the best known UK and global brands. We’re a full lifecycle agency and are one of the most innovative, thought-leading and well respected in our market-place.
Ideally, you'll have a min 5 years within the agency space, or a technical consultancy, and currently be working as a Technical Director / Technical Manager / Technical lead. You will be commercially aware with an in depth knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and demonstrate a passion for innovation and creative technology.
Reporting to the board, you will be responsible for line management of a team of developers covering a number of disciplines. You will also manage technical freelance and outsourced development partnerships.
The Nomensa team work standard office hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm). Travel to meetings, and occasional overnight stays are sometimes required. Evenings and weekends may also be necessary for meeting deadlines.
Nomensa is a socially inclusive, equal opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- A track record of developing commercial websites and applications.
- You to build and manage business relationships with clients and technology partners.
-Team leadership assisting with ideas generation using creative technology.
- The ability to articulate technology in layman’s terms.
- Excellent client facing skills and ability to work with client technical teams / partners.
- Proven team management and resource management skills.
- Financially and commercially aware.
- Work with and manage development teams to oversee technical architectures, project development organisation and processes and implementation of strategies.
- Participate in requirements definition, accurately estimate hours and project time needs.
- Partner with other teams to develop initial concept for client projects and define project scope, budgets and timelines as well as to ensure quality and timely development and delivery.
- Assist and lead (from a Technology perspective) some client interviews and requirement gathering sessions.
- Manage client review and sign-off of technical project documentation.
- Work with others to capture and document business requirements and articulate the technical implications of these requirements.
- Design and document system requirements and architectures (both high level concept and detailed).
- Design system test requirements / test cases to ensure quality of delivery.
- Create, maintain, and present status reports on all work-streams.
- Continually identify agency needs and broaden the team’s capabilities.
- Proactively escalate issues to management team and client when resolution can not be determined on critical work-streams.
Principally we work with the following technologies:-
- Application languages: PHP (custom applications and with Drupal), Python (with Django), and some legacy Java systems.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Version control: SVN (possibly moving to Git).
- Servers: Generally Linux.
- A variety of CMSs such as Defacto (our own), Drupal, Reddot, Sitecore, Tridian.
- Dedicated and virtual hosting environments.
- Popular web APIs such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Mobile / Tablet technologies.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please email all applications to Sally Lincoln on email@example.com.
Please email a covering letter and CV explaining your suitability for the job.