This job is no longer available
Based in the heart of the Lake District, with a turnover of £150m, 57 UK stores, 18 catalogues a year and a new hybris web platform, Lakeland has become a highly successful and growing family owned multi-channel retailer of kitchenware and home solutions. Known for its’ innovative products and great Customer Service, Lakeland has developed a class leading reputation.
The Modern Shopkeeper
We think that e-commerce has had a relatively easy evolution to-date and to continue growing we’ll need to work harder, applying much of expertise that has been developed in real world retail over many decades. We strive to constantly improve our online shop, achieving better selling and better service through merchandising, segmentation, personalisation, brilliant presentation of products and testing continuously.
If this rings true with you, you may want to read on…..
So what’s the job?
We’ve assembled a great set of merchandising, recommendation and analytic tools, now we’re investing in growing the team with this new, commercially focused role that will be dedicated to merchandising and trading the Lakeland site even more actively.
In practical terms:
1. You will be responsible for the day-to-day trading of the website to maximise online revenue and visitor engagement activity.
2. You will develop, continually review and optimise site merchandising to improve conversion rates and average order values. This will include:
a. Understanding and developing key online customer journeys.
b. Creating and testing merchandising rules to better promote products and promotions in both search and browse scenarios.
c. Developing online visual merchandising schemes in line with our stores and catalogue.
d. Testing different product recommendation strategies.
e. Optimising individual product pages.
3. You will plan and own the merchandising calendar to ensure the site is inline with marketing activity and external opportunities.
4. Working closely with creative resource you will manage the development of landing pages and site content to support the in-store experience, re-enforce category authority, develop SEO coverage and provide an improved brand experience.
So why work for Lakeland?
Reasons are many and varied, but you should definitely consider applying if the following tick your boxes for your ideal job:
• You want to work for a business that understands the potential of online and is willing to invest in the tools to do the job.
• You want to work somewhere where you can do all the things you’ve been talking and learning about.
• You like working in a business that has a flat hierarchy and has highly empowered employees.
• You want to work for a well known high-street brand that is loved by its customers – 97% of our customers would recommend us!
• You want to work for a business that is privately owned – Lakeland is owned by the three Rayner brothers who are hugely passionate about their business.
• You want to work as part of a small team where your contribution will have a big impact on our success.
• You love nothing better than a bit of home cooking, or at least eating the proceeds! An interest in our products would be an advantage.
• You don’t want to commute any longer – and whether you have a family or not, if the thought of living in a beautiful part of the country, the English Lake District, excites you, then you’ll really love our working environment.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
A full job description can be downloaded using this link: http://goo.gl/1RpQa
To apply, please e-mail a CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for the job to email@example.com