This job is no longer available
A fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading organisation at an exciting time. You'll lead continual development of the website, to support delivery of the business’s objectives and drive more visitors to the website - already receiving 10 million visits a year!
The key tasks and responsibilities are:
1. Lead the team managing The Caravan Club website, inspiring them to deliver exceptional content and continual improvements for visitors.
2. Lead the generation and exploration of ideas for the development of website content and functionality, and identify opportunities for The Club to make use of new technologies.
3. Act as the champion for all online development within the business and across all product areas, understanding the process, service and product improvements required to the benefit of The Club and taking forward through the appropriate approval process.
4. Work closely with IS department and 3rd party suppliers to deliver a development plan from concept to release, that can be supported by the business and Solution providers, and meets the business’s objectives.
5. Be the link between the Business and IS/3rd party suppliers, ensuring good communications and briefings with key personnel, documentation and benefit measurements throughout.
6. Ensure website content is kept up to date, engaging and accurately reflecting current products, services and relevant news/information to the best possible advantage, and that they are also considering how to enhance the presentation and communication of product information, to members and non members, on the website.
7. Ensure the website is integrated into The Clubs content strategy plan that includes the website, magazine, and all other publications and communications.
8. Ensure that Club Together remains engaging and well moderated, and that it is used to inform content for all publications and business decisions.
9. Oversee the maintenance and development of CMS and other product information databases.
10. Lead the development and understanding of SEO for The Club in conjunction with the PPC campaigns, working with a 3rd party agency, and ensuring all content editors and stakeholders are kept to date in the latest concepts to ensure content and new developments meet the latest SEO standards.
We're looking for a driven person, who has
• Previously worked in a fast paced and pro active environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to negotiate, build relationships, interact at all levels.
• Experience of leading a team responsible for website development and content
• Proven track record of delivering website enhancements
• Experience of visualising website enhancements with users in mind and wireframing
• Experience of working in an agile environment
• Excellent organisational and project management skills
• Experience of working at a strategic level
• Experience of managing budgets
• Ability to provide occasional out of hours support
• Commercial orientation.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you're keen to apply.