This job is no longer available
An amazing opportunity for a highly experienced and dynamic e-commerce manager has arisen for the Tate Online Shop. Tate Enterprises generates revenue for Tate through its commercial activities like the Online Shop, Retail sites, Publishing and Product development
Tate Online Shop was re-launched February 2012 with a comprehensive site refresh on a new, prestigious e-commerce platform. The site, at http://shop.tate.org.uk/, sells over 2,000 product lines including books, prints, greeting cards, designer ranges, art materials and exhibition products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance and future success of the Online Shop, driving rapid sales growth and delivering challenging targets. The role is responsible for leading the day-to-day operational activities of Tate Online Shop as well as developing and delivering all marketing and strategic plans and objectives.
A proven track record of success in managing an e-commerce business is essential and a good knowledge of Tate’s collection and exhibition programme would be an advantage, as would a keen interest in contemporary visual arts.
• 3 years’ commercial experience within an e-commerce environment
• Leading and developing a small team
• Developing marketing plans
• Managing P&L and business budgets
• Involvement in strategic planning and business development
• Proven track record of growing site traffic, conversion and achieving results
• Previous experience managing third parties and out-sourced operational partners
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation and build strong (internal and external) relationships
• Highly entrepreneurial and sales driven
• Analytical and able to interpret and act upon complex business and site data
• Strong written skills, with the ability to write copy and proofread accurately
• Visually literate with a strong sense of visual flair and creativity
• Sound understanding of developing and emerging e-commerce and retail technologies
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
If you think you fit the bill, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply online by following the link below to the Tate website.You will also find a full job description with the vacancy details.
We hope to be interviewing in the week commencing 11th June. Unfortunately we will be unable to respond to unsuccessful applications.