This job is no longer available
We have a great new role working for a national retail provider of products & services that have been in business for over 100 years.
We are looking for a talented Web Developer to take a lead role in the development of the design, layout and functionality of all web presence.
You will use innovative design techniques to fully exploit the functionality and performance of the website and associated E-Commerce tools. Play a lead role, ensuring a stable platform with sound processes and maintenance. Liaise with other marketers and our external WebSphere specialist to ensure web marketing is accurate, up-to-date, contemporary, and produced to the highest standard.
The business runs a multi-channel sales operation (Web, Telesales and Shops) using IBM WebSphere Commerce, interfaced with SAP. As UK market leader, they serve the retail sector with a huge range of shop equipment and supplies. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills in their development, underpinned with shared resources and expertise as a member of a successful European group.
• Proactively monitor and maintain our website to maximise performance with minimum downtime
• Work on improvements to website design, developing new page layouts and functionality
• Write and review technical design documents; take ownership of the website change control process and documentation in conjunction with our external specialist
• Ensure thorough evaluation and testing of all changes before deployment to the live website
• Use innovative development techniques to enhance sales and customer experience
• Assist with website content maintenance including text, imagery, attributes, search hierarchy,
indexes, company news, external links, SEO keywords and behavioural merchandising
• Ensure additions and changes to content are promptly actioned and proofread for accuracy
• Work in conjunction with our IT team to ensure our website is maintained in first class order
• Respond to technical website queries escalated by colleagues; refer deeper technical issues to our
IT team or external specialists; monitor and control the progress of queries to a successful outcome
• Help with the creation of email campaigns, using analytical tools to improve conversion rates
• Take an active interest in helping to establish relevant social media opportunities
• Develop an understanding of online marketing strategies, as defined in our business plan, and implement them to enhance sales opportunities
• Maintain an awareness of new E-Commerce developments (including competitors’ sites) and
make recommendations to enhance our site’s functionality
• Assist Marketing Managers in their communication with external agencies
• Contribute to the creative development of all E-Commerce activities as directed by your manager
and according to best practice
• Play an active role within the company and support its core beliefs and values
• Working knowledge of E-commerce or Catalogue content management systems
with an understanding of how the presentation in the language works
• Competent working with Excel and Word
• Best practice and discipline in developing web content; and familiar with new developments
• It would be helpful (but not necessary) to have knowledge of WebSphere Commerce to collaborate with our external consultant (an interest in Magento for future development would also help )
• Some knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation & Pay Per Click concepts would be useful
• Excellent planning, organisation and project management skills
• Good visual, literacy and numeracy expertise for website design and layout
• Ability to adopt a consistently accurate and orderly approach to all work undertaken
• Highly motivated with effective, good-humoured written and verbal communication skills
• A good team player, able to develop good working relationships with other departments
• Initiative to work unsupervised and confident when applying changes
• Ability to continue learning and immediately apply new skills
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
Position: Web Developer
Salary: £25K + Bens
Contact: Daniel Pincott
Referral Reward: £250
Just Digital Ltd is a specialist Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Recruiter. If you’re a digital marketing or e-commerce professional interested in advancing your career, we can help. Our core sectors include Retail, Leisure & Travel, Technology, Financial Services and E-Commerce Vendors.
Not quite right for you? If you know someone who would be great for this job, then please contact us or send us their details (with their permission of course!) along with the job reference number. We pay generous rewards for all successful referrals!