This job is no longer available
Senior level digital specialist required to provide strategic and operational support to the Head of Digital Communications, ensuring smooth operational day-to-day management of the team as well as undertaking specific projects and consultancy work as required.
Likely previous role:
May have worked in a creative or digital agency, as senior level client director, business development, or practice lead with both client delivery and internal decision making and operations responsibilities
• Supporting Head of Digital Communications in day-to-day running of departmental team of 20.
• Providing consultancy for and implementation of specific projects delegated by the Head of Digital Communications, delivering them within time, budget and scope requirements.
• Managing internal facing projects to ensure digital is represented appropriately in the Communications Division and beyond, working closely with the business engagement/UX lead who has an internal client-facing role.
• Playing a key role in the departmental leadership team, representing and working with the team at a senior level.
• Establishing and managing processes around regular business activity for the team as part of Oxfam’s annual planning cycle, including CMT reports, strategic steer, recruitment etc.
• Responsible for ensuring budgeting and invoicing processes are in place, supporting Head of Digital Communications in forecasting and reporting work.
• Responsible for running team management processes – including weekly team meetings, DCT leadership team meetings, & ensuring objectives and performance review processes are met by managers.
• Providing support on work with external partners and other opportunities to maximise the potential and benefits for Oxfam.
• Maintaining excellent working relationships across the organisation and supporting divisions in achieving their digital priorities.
• Representing Digital Communications in working groups and boards as required.
• Representing Head of Digital Communications more broadly where required at a divisional and cross divisional level.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• Broad range of digital experience and understanding and comfortable representing digital.
• Ability to make independent decisions, as well as the ability to self-manage.
• Experience of working with executive level management and proven ability to influence decisions as a senior organisational level.
• Experience of capacity planning, resource management and project management.
• Able to lead on complex projects, or projects involving staff from several areas of the organisation.
• Communications specialist, both verbal and written.
• Significant supervisory or management experience.
• Demonstrable knowledge of either the internal or external communications environment.
• Good conceptual and analytical skills.
• Ability to represent the organisation in high-profile external environments.
• Proven ability in strategic thinking and leadership.
• Exercises a high degree of independent judgement in dealings with internal and external clients and organisations.
• Knowledge/experience of Development or Charity work (campaigning, fundraising, education) with an awareness of Oxfam's work.
• Occasional travel away from Oxford.
• Occasional unsociable hours.
• Significant VDU work. Minimum intermediate user of all Microsoft packages required.
Contact / Application Details
The advertiser has specified that Recruitment Agencies may NOT contact them regarding this position.
For more information follow the link below:
Quote reference number: COM70