This job is no longer available
Shopzilla operates a number of shopping brands in the UK, France, Germany and the US, including Shopzilla, Bizrate, PrixMoinsCher, SparDeinGeld and Beso. All our sites are designed to allow shoppers to easily search and compare thousands of retailers at once, helping to make shopping on the web faster, safer and cheaper.
We are seeking a European Sales Director who will be responsible for driving strategy and revenue growth throughout Europe for the display advertising business. The role will include management responsibility of the European sales team and will also be tasked to manage new business with advertisers and run point on all business development activities for the display team in the EU. The target European countries are the UK, France, and Germany with future planned roll-outs across additional markets. This role will report to the VP/GM of Media Solutions with high visibility to rest of the company, and excellent career prospects. The position is based in Shopzilla’s EU Headquarters in London, but frequent travel to local markets will be required.
As our European Sales Director, you will be responsible for:
• Leading a growing display ad sales team in the EU and being the face for the company with advertising clients and media agencies
• Generating and growing display advertising revenue across multiple product lines & markets
• Proactively prospecting, qualifying, and maintaining a strategic account list.
• Working with ad operations & internal teams to build new products for the markets and refine campaign delivery/optimization processes
• Developing and closing new partnerships with merchants and publishers to expand out footprint in high sell-through categories.
• Identifying client business needs and proactively develop marketing solutions to meet their objectives.
Our ideal candidate would have:
• Significant, senior level experience of online media
• Impressive Business development/sales experience
• Strong industry contacts in each of the markets (UK, FR, DE)
• Proven track record building successful/long-term partnerships
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal teams
• Exceptional negotiation skills
• Creativity and a "can do" attitude (energy and ideas matter!)
• BA/BS degree required; MBA a solid plus
• German and French languages, a solid plus
We also provide excellent benefits:
• Flexible working arrangements
• Free Breakfast and Lunch everyday – annual saving of over £2,000
• Private Medical Insurance, Travel Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision Care
• Gym Membership
• Annual leave increases with length of service
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Group Personal Pension
• Independent Financial Advisors
• Life Assurance
• Childcare Vouchers