This job is no longer available
The Press Association is seeking to enhance its Digital Product Development team with the appointment of a Graphic & User Interface Designer. The role will have responsibility for creating wireframes, graphic designs and clickable prototypes for new products in PA's portfolio.
The Product Development function reports into Business Development and facilitates the commercially-driven creation of digital products and solutions for B2B clients, as well as for customer-facing propositions. Reporting into one of the Product Development Managers, the Graphic & UI Designer will create wireframes, graphics and prototypes for pitch responses, product briefs and user testing sessions.
This role will suit someone with up to 5 years work experience in digital product design (websites, widgets, apps) for companies such as portals, newspapers, broadcasters, design & build agencies, sports media, games developers. Recent graduates with a strong graphic design portfolio and an interest in product development will also be considered.
• Be the voice of the customer and user within the Press Association and ensure that user experience and high quality interface design are primary considerations throughout the product development process
• Work with the Product Development Managers to create pitch proposals for prospective customers, designing compelling visuals to help PA win new business
• Translate functional specifications into wireframes for user testing and to include in product briefs for 3rd party developers and internal development teams
• Create graphic designs for products being developed and to help prospective clients to visualise proposed products
• Develop clickable prototypes for concept and user testing
• With the Product Development Managers, organise and run user testing sessions, analysing feedback and iterating designs accordingly
Desired Skills & Experience
• Proven track record of delivering creative, commercially successful digital designs for consumer-facing outlets (websites, mobile platforms, iTV)
• A fundamental understanding of the digital design landscape, web technologies and trends, including up-to-date knowledge of design and usability guidelines
• A strong interest in digital product development, including an understanding of its function within organisations and a desire to contribute new product ideas to the business
• Understanding and experience of product delivery processes and the role of the designer within them
• Demonstrable experience of analysing user data and behaviour to inform product design evolution
• Experience of working in graphic and user interface design for multiplatform products across all major browsers and devices
• Ability to assess customer requirements, available systems and content to deliver optimal integrated design solutions, including wireframes, compelling visuals and clickable prototypes
• Experience working in a digital agency, delivering design solutions to News, Sport and/or Entertainment clients
• Experience setting up and running user testing sessions, analysing user feedback and feeding back into the production process
• Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and Flash in order to develop product prototypes for pitches and testing; experience of ActionScript desirable but not essential
• Knowledge of working with design packages including Adobe Creative Suite; experience of wireframing packages such as Balsamiq and Hotgloo is desirable
• Experience of designing for online video products and/or social media components is desirable
• Demonstrable experience of working in Agile development teams
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
Product Development Manager
292 Vauxhall Bridge Road
Please click on the apply button to send email.