This job is no longer available
Markco Media is a thriving and energetic global Online Media, Advertising and Affiliate Marketing Company. Our online and mobile network includes the UK’s #1 discount and deals website http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/ , with 5 million unique visitors per month, as well as other high-traffic money-saving web sites and mobile applications targeting international markets. Current global presence in Germany, France, US, Spain, Brazil, Sweden, Canada, Italy, Netherlands and Australia. Furthermore our iPhone App is one of the most popular Apps in the AppStore, retaining a top 25 chart position within its category since its launch, generating over 1.8 million downloads. It is now available on every major mobile platform and ready to go global.
You'll work with the entire SEO team to devise a link building strategy to deliver growth in organic search rankings and targeted traffic. You’ll manage the implementation of the link building strategy within the US and UK teams in particular to ensure that agreed actions are completed, monitored and reported on. This position is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced link builder, project manager and SEO marketing enthusiast to develop a large scale campaign strategy for one of the world’s leading voucher codes websites.
• Strategy – you will help define the strategy based on industry best practice
• Management – you will ensure implementation to timescales and targets as part of the role
• Link building – you will need to research and build high quality, effective links
• On-page SEO – you’ll help align link building, SEO, SEM and social media actions
• Off-page strategy and activities
o Understand the overall search marketing goals and develop a link building strategy
o Involvement in choice of actions and priorities for link building campaigns
o Provide support with internal and external linking efforts for the full-cycle of link-building
o Role in choosing, configuring and enforcing tools to support link building process
o Recommend content strategies for internal team and agencies to enable viral link building
o Identify link opportunities for US and UK teams through research and link analysis
o Sourcing good quality blogs by contacting owners, for themed articles and contextual links
o Stay up-to-date with industry best practice and the latest developments in Google’s search
o Link building content (for blogs, forums, social media, directories, article sites, news portals)
o Experience of leading platforms such at Hitwise, Linkdex, SEO Quake and SEOMoz
• SEO and SEM strategy
o Must be proactive in focusing time and effort on real revenue generating opportunities
o Use SEO tools (internal and external) to support SEO and SEM improvements
o Other duties as directed by your line manager to support link outreach, SEO & SEM
• Project and team management responsibilities
o Monitor the implementation link building strategy across a diversity of marketing channels
o Generate reports based on traffic, rankings and revenue for the SEO team
o Prepare management reports showing progress, and identify weakness or lost opportunities
Skills and attributes
• Experience of implementing successful link building tactics
• Knowledge of best practices for outreach to webmasters and bloggers
• Ability to generate a varied link profile based on directories, forums, blogs and social media
• Experience of identifying and managing third party link building resources and agencies
• A passion for social media and understanding of how social media supports link efforts
• Strong time management skills and ability to ensure that key deadlines and targets are met
• An individual with well developed communication skills and ability to motivate colleagues
• Pro-active individual able to report successes and adjust tactics based on results
• Friendly, helpful, trustworthy and reliable; able to work as part of a dynamic team
Join Markco Media
Markco Media Ltd powers MyVoucherCodes.co.uk a marketplace of online retailers. By working with a vast variety of online retailers around the world we offer our customers a unique range of product, a global shopping experience, personal service and access to an amazing online shopping community.
We love what we do and think we are building something unique and special. We want to build our team with fun, brilliant people who are as excited as we are about the potential for myvouchercodes.co.uk.
Markco Media’s culture is rich and diverse; we employ over 80 talented people from all around the world and are proud to be a global online UK based community. Our community is based on embracing the values of integrity, customer focus and results.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, with 1 hour for lunch.
Salary, Benefits and Perks
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package, compromising of a market competitive salary and benefits;
• 23 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays - Additional 1 day for each year’s service to a maximum of 28 days.
• Corporate Gym Membership – Discounted preferential rate
• Corporate Dentistry Rate – Free initial consultation, further 15% off treatment costs
• Social Committee – Staff events
If you would like to apply for the above role, please send us a copy of your CV along with a covering letter by clicking on the apply button.