This job is no longer available
About the Role
We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced manager with communications, digital and project management expertise to help drive the next phase of our organisational vision for digital. This role has responsibility for coordinating and enabling a portfolio of projects that aim to help Oxfam GB achieve our Digital Vision – to be the leaders in amplifying the voices of the poor, to create change and to enable our supporters to play a role in that change. With an eye for innovation, spotting trends and making connections, you will ensure Oxfam is focusing on the right opportunities to improve our work through digital – whether that’s engaging with supporters through new or emerging channels, or supporting international colleagues in using mobile technology in development programming.
You’ll also play an active role as part of the senior leadership team supporting the Head of Digital Communications in maximising our digital strategy for the UK audience. Using your experience of communications, digital and mobile, your ability to provide the right level of detail for senior leaders across the organisation will inform decision making that will have an impact on how Oxfam GB harnesses the power of digital.
This is a replacement role with one direct report and one dotted line report. The ability to work collaboratively will be critical as the role is cross-divisional and includes work with colleagues in the trading, fundraising, corporate partnerships, information services, communications, campaigning and programme policy teams. The role also works closely with Oxfam’s International Digital Vision team based in Bangkok.
- Required to develop long-term vision and strategic planning to achieve significant impact for digital communications at Oxfam.
- Helps shape organisational and divisional objectives within Digital Vision and the Digital Communications team.
- High levels of creativity, and innovative problem-solving.
- Working independently, making decisions.
- Forward planning and management of large projects.
- Develops and implements specific workplans and objectives within the above.
- Analyse, interpret and act on complex information from varied and diverse sources.
- Application of expert knowledge of internal and external environment
Digital Vision responsibilities
- Manage overall Digital Vision programme of work including taking the lead on strategic focus and ongoing development of the programme.
- Supervise Digital Communications Executive in managing day-to-day running of the Digital Vision Programme, including reviewing project delivery, materials development etc.
- Collaborative working as part of a virtual team, with some members based in Bangkok and with different/multiple reporting lines.
- Maintain excellent working relationships across the organisation and support divisions in achieving their digital priorities. Integration with divisional-level digital leads and area experts to achieve organisational objectives.
- Work with project leads to recognize dependencies and contention and mitigate those.
- Take the lead on managing ad hoc projects when required and drive opportunities to extend the value of DV with potential external partners
- Support Digital Development Manager in driving forward workstream of activity to improve use of mobile channel within supporter engagement.
- Responsible for supervising workstreams of activity within the Digital Vision programme of work and actively leading on external communications activity.
Digital Communication team responsibilities
- As senior member of the Digital Communications Team, represent Digital Communications in working groups and boards as required,
- Represent Head of Digital Communications more broadly where required at a divisional and cross divisional level; act as cover when Head of Digital Communications is absent.
- Provide support to Head of Digital Communications in external speaking engagements, in particular writing presentations and prep materials, setting up and maintaining bank of materials for reuse.