This job is no longer available
Business Unit Overview: BT Retail
BT Group is a leading FTSE Company with a profitable turnover of more than £20 billion. We're the world's most established communications company, employing around 100,000 people in 170 countries around the world. We're known globally as a major technology player – pioneering the digital advances that are shaping and driving the information age. Helping people create, collaborate and communicate better than ever before.
BT Retail, Consumer, within the Retail Division, is the leading provider of consumer telephone voice and broadband services in the UK with a growing pay-TV service, BT Vision. Consumer Online is a dynamic and innovative team accountable for driving acquisition and retention activity across BT.com. Core areas of focus include delivering the online sales plan, increasing browse-to-buy conversion and optimising online customer experience to contribute revenue growth for BT Retail. Working with various proposition and marketing teams, Consumer Online deliver tactical and strategic activities across the site and externally to increase awareness, engagement and sales and self-service.
Purpose of the role:
The Community & Content Manager is responsible for running the day to day social media activity for BT Consumer, including content creation, moderation, relationship building and optimisation. This position requires an individual who is passionate about social media strategies and community building and has understanding of social science principles as well as practical experience.
- Develop and own the content calendar for Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and work with key stakeholders across BT and external partners to plan, curate and create content
- Develop and execute strategy for co-creating content with 3rd party partners and encouraging UGC
- Create content that resonates with customers and drives engagement and positive sentiment
- Ability to write content & copy real time within social media environments that stimulates users to interact and contribute themselves
- Initiate discussions, resolve disputes (alongside the Customer Service team), solicit responses and respond quickly and professionally where required on social channels
- Create moderation guidelines
- Be the voice of BT on our social channels
- Build positive relationships with the top members of the social communities and using these relationships to initiative activities, discussions and other positive elements into a community
- Identify influencers and advocates – on our social channels and external sites, and develop these relationships
- Record and analyse data on the community to assess community health, progress and value and to optimise content and approach
- Understand and communicate to internal stakeholders how the community fits into the overall business strategy and be able to make recommendations about how the community can better help the organization achieve its objectives
- Work with the PR and Customer Service teams to manage negative situations or crisis’ on social media
- Represent BT on external forums when a company response is required
- Stay abreast of social media management tools and best practices and make recommendations on BT’s use
- Optimise the user experience on social properties, particularly Facebook
- Work with the Customer Service Social Media team to ensure consistency of approach and Customer Service Operational leads for resource demand planning
- With the Social Media Analyst, establish relevant summary metrics & report on them on a weekly and monthly basis to key campaign and service stakeholders
- Accountable for key social KPIs – eg. impact on advocacy/net promoter, satisfaction, net easy, sentiment.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Substantial experience of owning the day to day management of social media for a large organisation (either client or agency side), including content creation, use of social media management tools, and moderation- across Facebook, Twitter, Google+
- An understanding of key social media principles, e.g. influencer strategies, community strategy, social web technology
- Demonstrable evidence of growing customer engagement and advocacy through social media interactions.
- Delivery of Social Media management in a business to consumer environment.
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- PR experience
- Excellent excel and powerpoint
- Team player, who can lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Creative, proactive, and independent
- Diplomatic, cool under pressure and with fantastic interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of the key theories behind psychology, social-psychology, group processes and community development
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.