This job is no longer available
Head of Business Development
London & Partners are seeking an outstanding individual to lead on our commercial strategy for Dot London, the new top level domain we are aiming to launch for the city later this year.
Candidates must be available to start asap (within 4 weeks). 6 month fixed term contract initially with potential for permanent. Will also consider contractors on a day rate. Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
London & Partners will be launching a new top level domain: .london later this year. This is an exciting new proposition for the city which will create many opportunities for businesses, institutions and individuals.
Currently there are around two dozen domain extensions (gTLDs) such as .com, .net and .org. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has received almost 2,000 applications for new gTLDs. London & Partners, with the support of the Mayor, has applied to operate .london for the benefit of London and Londoners. We have established a subsidiary company to take forward this opportunity – Dot London Domains Ltd (DLD).
London will be joining a number of other cities who have expressed their interest in applying for their relevant city gTLDs including New York, Paris, Sydney, Rome and Berlin.
Purpose of role
The purpose of this role is to take the lead on our commercial strategy for .london, both for domain name sales and for additional revenue opportunities.
We have in place an agreement with a registry services provider which also sets out commercial plans. This role will work with them to confirm pricing strategies, distribution agreements and additional revenue generating services. It will also take the lead in plans for premium name sales, early brand adopters and auction sales to maximise revenue generation.
• Use best available intelligence to review pricing plans and commercial assumptions
• Negotiate and agree distribution agreements (with registrars)
• Seek big brands to become early adopters of .london
• Develop premium name lists and auction strategies
• Explore and develop opportunities for revenue generation in addition to domain name sales
Personal style and behaviour
• self-starter and team worker
• strategic and lateral thinker
• strong commercial nous and ability to agree win-win deals with varying types of organisations
• Passionate about communicating great ideas.
Knowledge and Experience
• Strong expertise in developing and agreeing commercial deals
• High level negotiating and influencing skills and ability to influence at CEO and Director levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in commercial and sales roles for Internet related businesses
• Good knowledge and insight into how the internet operates and how domains are utilised
• Experience in working with both the public and private sectors
• Experience of working directly with domain name sales
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.