This job is no longer available
Teesside University was the first modern university to be named University of the Year and is an inspiring place to work. We continually strive to maximise our potential and are inspiring others to do the same, through our commitment to delivering excellence not only in our teaching and student support, but also in our enterprise, business engagement and research.
Teesside University understands the importance of effective, creative and coherent brand communications. That's why our inspiring brand identity has won a number of awards in recent years. This vacancy offers a unique opportunity for a web developer to work within our experienced creative team and to maintain and enhance the public face of a dynamic and innovative university.
We are seeking an individual with experience of working in web development to assist the Creative Web Developer in the development, design, layout and coding of the University’s website and corporate digital communications.
Duties will include all aspects of web development, providing technical support, maintaining accurate information on web pages, database maintenance and the organisation and tracking of web projects.
• Applicants must hold an HND, degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
Skills & Experience:
• A thorough understanding of the role of the internet within communications
• experience of developing web pages using html technologies including CSS
• experience of working on large scale external websites
• knowledge of contemporary technologies
• significant experience of database development.
• experience of preparing content for digital advertising.
• Maintain and building dynamically driven web pages
• Developing authoring web content and the use of content management systems
• Knowledge and experience of using e-communications or similar
The Tees Valley is an enjoyable place to live – in the heart of the North of England’s coastline and countryside, with easy access to Durham, Newcastle and York.
Apply now if you would like to join us.
Application forms and further details are available online by clicking on the Apply Now button or from the Human Resources Department, Teesside University, Middlesbrough, Tees Valley, TS1 3BA. E-mail: email@example.com or tel 01642 342200 (24 hours).
Job Reference: T7436
For further details of this and other posts, please refer to our website at http://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/jobs/
Closing date: 18 June 2013 12.00 noon
Interview date: 10 July 2013