This job is no longer available
Since June 2010, Holiday Lettings have been wholly owned by TripAdvisor - the world's largest travel website.
Holidaylettings.co.uk advertises more than 120,000 holiday cottages, villas and apartments in more than 124 countries worldwide and is the UK’s busiest site of its kind. Our customers consist of private holiday home owners and property managers as well as travellers.
Why This Job is Excellent:
As a Product Manager, you will be an integral part of shaping the strategy for Holiday Lettings working as part of a team of 4-5 product managers. You will report to the Director of Product and will have frequent and significant exposure to the senior leadership.
You will be responsible for the development of CRM solutions and product initiatives that drive more efficient marketing and sales processes/results for the business. You will work with key stakeholders in marketing, sales and product functions to capture business requirements, plan product features and evaluate product performance along key KPIs. Your will drive new product strategy through identifying, analysing and implementing game changing innovations as well as improve existing product performance by using web analytics to identify incremental enhancements.
This is a pivotal role, as it is required to work across the business, from identifying business requirements through to interactions with the technical team to help achieve product delivery.
What You'll Do:
Two words. ‘Planning’ and ‘users’ define this role. Being able to pull together all the requirements then think about how these can be delivered to users within our technical framework, but in a way that engages them is the challenge.
Holiday Lettings has a public facing website and a business portal for managing adverts and communications with our customers who are Home Owners. In time this role will also include growing social media tools and features.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Research and understand customer needs
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders
- Own and develop full business cases, including evaluation and recommendation of options
- Present key results to the senior leadership of Holiday Lettings
- Clearly articulate overarching strategic levers
- Define and communicate scope, goals and objectives
- Project manage the implementation of your product development
- Own and execute overall product strategy for your area
What We Seek:
- Experience in product management at a leading e-commerce company
- Strong analytical skills and proven track record of defining and executing key analyses with minimal supervision
- Experience managing large, cross-functional projects
- Prior experience with CRM or sales support tools is a bonus
- Experience in UI/UX design methodologies
- Understanding of information architecture
- E-commerce, travel, or consumer/retail experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with senior managers and internal stakeholders
- Clarity of thought and methodological approach to problems solving
- Strong communications skills
- Passion for on-line ecommerce and hunger for leading edge thinking in this area
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrated experience in modelling, analysis, research, and presentation creation
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.