This job is no longer available
We are looking for an experienced or aspiring Web Analyst ready for a new challenge. Working across the portfolio of brightsolid consumer brands (including prestigious brands such as findmypast, friendsreunited and genesreuinted), this exciting role offers a unique opportunity to make a big impact on user experience and the optimisation of conversion rates. Reporting directly to the Head of Analytics, the Web Analyst will be responsible for the tools, methodology and consistent application of tests including AB and MVT testing. .
You must have an analytical flare and strong appreciation of data behaviour specifically online generated data and must be commercially minded. As this is a hands-on role you will need to be a self -starter and implement your own solutions with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will have more than 3 years web analytics experience. This will comprise of direct experience with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, WebTrends and/or Coremetrics. Naturally you will have also demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, as well as experience with data visualization concepts and tools.
- Working closely with Product Managers to ensure that all online tests and analysis are set-up correctly and are statistically robust.
- Working closely with the Marketing acquisition team, analyse web trends and customer behaviour/journeys to identify areas of improvement both from an optimisation and business prospective.
- Maintain Google Analytics from both a reporting and administration prospective.
- Responsible for the development and management of brand specific GA dashboards.
- Providing analysis for user optimisation tests, both pre and post test co-ordinating all tests with Maxymiser ensuring it is in line with business strategy.
- Working across the business (mainly Marketing, Brands, Product Development, User Interface) by completing a variety of web analytics related tasks as instructed, required or under initiative.
- Expert point of contact for Web analytics for company.
- Responsibility for gathering insights from Hitwise.
- The ability to develop a deep understanding of the company’s business goals and operations quickly.
- Strong knowledge of Hitwise or a similar tools.
- 2-3 years Google Analytics experience required.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Experience in collating, manipulation, analysing & presentation of data in a clear manner
- Provide timely answers to ad-hoc information requests (can be across the company’s products, campaigns and customers.) With the support of the wider analytics team, manage and deliver these projects to tight deadlines.
- Computer Literate (Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Intermediate Excel experience to build and execute queries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and the ability to solve problems.
- Customer centric mind set, focussed on surpassing expectations.
- Working to exceed objective performance metrics.
- Familiar with the requirements for technical infrastructure projects.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Ability to know which changes need to be made to sites to allow analysis
- Ability to translate complex data into headline points for key players
- Organised and meticulous.
- A customer focused team player.
- Friendly and positive, even when highlighting issues/ failures.
- Highly motivated to succeed in a fast moving environment.
- Plan work systematically and prioritise as required.
- Ability to maintain effective work performance while under pressure.
- Driven to surpass expectations at every opportunity – individually and from a business perspective.
- Proactive and timely in delivering results.
- Adaptable and flexible.