This job is no longer available
The British Veterinary Association is the professional body representing the interests of veterinary surgeons throughout the UK. We are looking for a Web Content Editor to support the Association through a major relaunch of its website.
Purpose of Role:
- To ensure continuity of the current website while a major relaunch is undertaken
- To ensure all web copy is reviewed and updated if necessary, with best SEO practice in mind
- Take responsibility for all email marketing and content activity, including reports and evaluations/improvements
- To manage a number of social media channels
- To assist in content migration and new content development in the relaunched site
- Maintaining the continuity of the current site, content updates (including web video and images), analytics and liaising and assisting in managing the current web agency on any issues
- Implementing SEO in support of the web re-launch
- Working with the Heads of Online and Marketing to review the online style guide in preparation for the new site and ensure that staff are made aware of online style guides and are trained appropriately in writing for the web
- Identifying taxonomies with the current content to be implemented on the new site and journal sites in readiness for delivering personalised content on the web across multiple channels
- Support the Head of Online in any projects related to the relaunch and new CMS technology, such as content collation, re-writing, content migration, UX, and user journeys
- Working with the marketing team and other internal stakeholders for all email marketing activity and segmentation (Integra and Mailchimp experience desirable)
- Take a proactive lead on implementing content strategies, supporting the current and new sites, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Social media activity is required, particularly around driving and monitoring discussion on our own internal private community, disseminate valuable content through the community and work with marketing to raise the profile of the community with our members; to investigate and disseminate content through other social tools
- Work closely with senior management and their teams to ensure web content meets BVA’s strategic and operational needs
- Deputise for the Head of Online when appropriate
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as may from time to time be decided by the Head of 2 Online
Scope of role
- Plan all content, and email marketing activity (liaising with internal and external stakeholders)
- Support the Head of Online in web re-launch tasks as they arise and ensuring continuity of the current BVA site
- Although there is no formal line management, it is important that the web content editor is a team player and works collaboratively across the organisation, acting as a mentor on digital content
- Implement existing content strategies, inputting to their development when required.
- Guide and lead on web content within the BVA and feed into wider digital plans.
- Work with third party content providers (publications) to deliver the existing BVA content strategy.
- Input into decisions relating to the web relaunch, in particular feeding into content design and user journeys
Knowledge, skills and expertise
- Strong command of best-practice web content standards, and online copywriting
- Ability to operate effectively and collaboratively with a number of internal and external stakeholders
- Good knowledge of image editing software, photoshop desirable, HTML, desirable, email marketing
- Excellent knowledge of Google analytics, SEO, SEM and online communities
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication, written and listening skills
- Attention to detail and quality focussed
- Ability to organise and structure disparate information
- Work well in both team environment and independently
- Ability to prioritise based upon multiple workloads
- Ability to analyse and communicate findings to senior management team
- Perform well under tight deadlines
For a full role profile and details of how to apply, please log on to our website by clicking on the Apply Now button.