This job is no longer available
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our information and advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
The digital team are looking for a Social Media and Community Manager, to implement Age UK’s social media and online community strategy, managing engagement and interactivity with its audience and fostering community spirit. Managing and developing the way that Age UK uses social media you will help us understand, grow and mobilise all our audiences online, coordinating with the digital marketing, editorial and PR teams.
Whilst performing to social media KPI’s, you will:
• own, maintain, develop and update the social media strategy
• oversee planning and management of social media campaigns
• manage presences and communities on key social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites
• monitor the social media landscape and stay abreast of social media trends
• develop analytics reports, collate data and present regular analysis of campaigns and trends
• manage the social media risk strategy
• moderate all User Generated Content according to the Moderation policy
• work with our Local and National partners to develop their social media processes in alignment with ours
• manage a budget
• have risk and business continuity responsibilities
• Digital media experience within editorial, community management and marketing gained in an agency or client environment
• Experience of reputation management and managing/reacting quickly to potentially volatile situations
• Proven experience of social media’s ability to create ROI
• Experience in developing and implementing an organizational social media strategy
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of blogs and social media platforms
• Have a good knowledge of principles of marketing, PR and SEO
• Understanding of the potential risks and legal implications of social media and online communities
• Knowledge of using Google Analytics and common Social Media reporting tools
Please visit our website by clicking on the apply button for a job pack and information on how to apply.
Closing date: 22 July 2013, 5pm
We are an Investors in People and equal opportunities employer and accept candidates from all diverse groups.