This job is no longer available
The Story so far…
ASOS burst on to the scene in 2000 and hasn’t looked back. We are the UK’s number one fashion and beauty destination, and as a recent survey showed, we are the second most visited fashion website on the planet. We ship to over 190 countries and also have specific sites targeting the USA, French and German, Italian and Australian markets. With much excitement we opened our office in Sydney in January 2012 and New York in September 2012, France and Germany following soon after. This is all part of our strategy, which we call ASOS Future.
Our ambition is to be the world’s no.1 online fashion brand, having set ourselves a target to reach £1bn annual sales by 2015. Therefore it is really important to us that we continue to attract and retain top talent across the globe to help us realise our goals.
The ASOS Way
We do things a certain way - The ASOS Way. It’s our DNA and runs through every single thing we do here - it defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. Some things change, these don’t.
We are Passionate; we are proud to be a part of ASOS, we always give our best and we celebrate our successes.
We are Customer Obsessed; we know our customers love fashion and we understand what they want, we know our stuff inside and out, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We Restlessly Innovate; we don’t stand still, we give it a go and we’re brave.
We are Collaborative and Respectful; we work together to get the job done, we grow ideas from within, we make things happen and we do the right thing.
People are the future of our business and we have really big ideas. We know we need people who can turn these ideas into reality – it’s our people that make the difference.
A bit about the Team:
The Digital Marketing team has been formed to be a global Centre of Excellence – we manage all digital marketing for all territories, and are responsible for the profitable spend and evaluation of a multi-million pound budget. We are professional, expert and data-driven. The team has a high profile, driving over a third of the company’s revenues, and needs talent that can uphold this profile in a credible manner. Our key stakeholder groups include the Exec Board of Directors, Finance and Country Managers. The Digital Marketing Analyst will report into the Director of Performance Marketing, and will work as part of this team to establish excellence in everything we do. Other areas within the team currently include PPC, SEO and Affiliates.
The Digital Marketing team has grown into a major contributor to ASOS revenue growth across territories, driving profitable sales in over XX markets globally. Despite the successes achieved thus far, we need to increase the level of analytical rigour with which we understand the performance of our digital channels and how we identify, prioritise & test opportunities for future growth, maintaining a focus on profitability in all our activities. This role will not suit someone who cannot thrive in a fast-paced, complex and hard-working environment. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide the Digital Marketing team with insight into performance across channels
- Support internal teams on preparation of regular Digital Marketing reports
- Using a variety of data including web analytics, trading performance, Digital Marketing channel performance & customer analytics, identify areas of potential performance improvement & growth opportunities
- Work with colleagues from each channel & market to develop profitable growth strategies
- Manage a test & learn programme across the Digital Marketing team, helping structure tests, delivering insight into results & providing recommendations for next steps
- Drive the Digital Marketing team’s understanding of how to use multi-channel attribution to improve results
- Work with internal data stakeholders to ensure that data on channel, category & market performance meets the needs of the Digital Marketing team
- Support our agencies & partners by being the main point of contact for all data-related projects
- Identify, source & analyse external data sources which can further help improve digital marketing performance
What Success Looks Like:
- Revenue & profit delivered by Digital Marketing activity increases in all markets
- Digital Marketing team consistently plans & executes data-driven growth strategies
- Comprehensive test & learn programme established in all channels
- KPIs for Digital Marketing team are clear, understood & consistently met
- Strong internal collaboration between departments & across markets
- Improved business understanding of how Digital Marketing is contributing to growth
- A minimum of 3 years professional work experience within an analytical role (ideally within a Digital Marketing environment)
- Highly numerate with a high standard of accuracy with data and commercial awareness of its usage
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Mathematics, Computation, Economics, Business or Finance
- A/B Grade in Mathematics at GCSE and A-level (or equivalent)
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience of Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics & Webtrends preferred
- Experience with SQL or similar query languages preferred
- Understanding of the landscape of Digital Marketing measurement (e.g. Doubleclick or other tracking & measurement tools) preferable
- Must be highly numerate
- Proactive and analytical approach
- Passion for data analysis and problem solving
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage priorities and focus as needed
- Confident, personable and a team player
- Able to build strong collaborative relationships
- Have an understanding of Digital Marketing channels
- Ability to speak a second language is a bonus
We really love hearing from you but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for the direction I’d like to take my career in? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many people apply with spelling mistakes on them.
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.