This job is no longer available
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals.
The Financial & Risk part of the business analyzes and anticipates where markets are heading so our customers can make timely decisions with the best information available.
You’ll be looking for a next step from your current role to Thomson Reuters, where you’ll be providing analysis (currently via Google Analytics) that delivers actionable insight to the Financial & Risk part of the business, which is currently looking closely at how digital delivers performance. This role could – in time – be influential in shaping the future for Thomson Reuters including the following opportunities:
- Influence the short, medium and long-term strategy for analytics
- monitor and analyse and enhance worldwide campaigns
- develop and deliver dashboards, initially in Google Analytics, that meet and exceed internal stakeholder requirements
- develop and support an ongoing culture of test and learn
Right away you’ll be expected to impact how Thomson Reuters works with digital by:
- Confirming what should be measured and how it should be measured
- Providing analysis that delivers actionable insight
- Clearly communicating insight and recommendations
You’ll be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a highly matrixed organization. You’ll have numeracy, skill, attention to detail, tenacity, and you will focus on results.
Your skills and experience
You’ll be comfortable with the following:
Excel, you’ll be an advanced user, manipulating data, visualising data, creating formulae and developing dashboards within Excel, you may be familiar with Excelcius or other data visualization tools. You’ll definitely know how to pivot table data and know what a vlookup is.
Google Analytics, other commercial analytics tools, such as Coremetrics or Omniture a bonus.
You’ll understand tagging, funnels, share of attribution. You’ll care that the correct metrics are reported and be resolute about keeping the company focused on what matters.
You’ll have produced and presented reports, maybe working in an analytics team / digital marketing team as a junior analyst for two or three years. You’ll have been mentored by a senior analyst and be ready to take on more responsibility.
Above all you’ll be able to prove you have an appetite for data that suites a data-rich company and an aptitude for delivering data-driven insight that drives change.
Why work here?
Thomson Reuters ranks in the top 25 of big corporations to achieve work-life balance
- Free Gym Membership
- Employee share purchase scheme
- Employee discount program
Featured in an article by Forbes, recruitment Website Indeed.com named Thomson Reuters as one of the top 25 large corporations that are going the extra mile to help employees achieve better work-life balance, alongside other prominent brands including Google, Walt Disney, Motorola and Ford.
Our Corporate Responsibility Policy and the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles efforts are focused on our relationships in four key areas:
- Strengthening the community and societies in which we operate.
- Protecting and preserving the environment on which we all depend.
- Making a positive difference in the marketplace for customers, suppliers and partners.
- Creating a company culture and workplace that promotes diversity and safeguards the health, safety and dignity of all employees.