This job is no longer available
Jacques Vert Group Limited is one of the leading British Fashion Houses with over 470 outlets in the UK, Europe and Canada and a strong online presence across all nine of its brands. The portfolio of Elegant British Brands include: Alexon, Dash, Eastex, Kaliko, Minuet Petite, Jacques Vert, Planet, Precis and Windsmoor.
At Jacques Vert Group our guests are at the centre of everything we do and we understand that whatever occasion she is shopping for, her experience begins with us! We pride ourselves on the unique personal shopping service that we give to her and as a direct result, our guests return to us again and again.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Graphic Designer to oversee a team of designers, manage their day to day projects and undertake the design and artworking of print material for all areas of design across 9 brands. In addition they will produce graphic design work across all areas of the Marketing Department as required.
The candidate will provide a creative, innovative, consistent approach to their graphic design work and communication to service a range of internal customers while being able to work autonomously and play a critical role in the Marketing team.
Senior Graphic Designer – The Role
- Manage team of designers to ensure consistency across all brands
- Mange the projects and deadlines of all designers
- Design & art working for all design material required by the Marketing & E-Commerce teams. To include all point of sale materials (eg competition entry forms, showcards, window graphics / vinyls) labelling & packaging
- Design & artworking of press materials such as event invitations, Look Books and press day graphics
- Design support for the internal and external communications
- Liaising with the printer to achieve optimum print solutions
- Design ad hoc requests to support the daily needs of the business
- Working closely with the Marketing, PR and VM Managers
- Acting as brand guardian, following a brand guideline document
- Design and artworking for all seasonal campaigns and POS material from concept to production
- Designing eye-catching advertising campaigns when relevant, following external artworking guidelines
- Working with the relevant teams/suppliers for packaging solutions from swing tickets and woven labels to carrier bags
- Working with the Marketing and the VM Manager on window schemes and in-store VM concepts
- Supporting the PR team with creative collateral for all press related activities
- Assisting in the art direction behind press events when relevant
- Retouching and image processing
- Involvement in shoots pre/post-production as required
Senior Graphic Designer – The Candidate
- Ideally, you will have experience in a similar role within a fast paced fashion retail head office environment.
- Previous experience in setting up technical packaging artwork for suppliers is a must. Experience of photographic art direction would also be very beneficial.
- Mac – CS6 software’s (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Microsoft packages
- Attention to detail and delivery for all completed artwork as required by key stakeholders
- Proven track record within a similar creative role for a retail brand
- Understanding of in store signage
- Knowledge of setting up large format graphics and vinyl’s
- Production knowledge
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, creating faultless artwork under tight deadlines
- Good typographic skills
Why work for us?
At Jacques Vert Group Limited we believe that our success is a reflection of the outstanding people that work for us and we are therefore fully committed to recruiting, retaining and rewarding talented individuals. We look for individuals who are passionate, commercially minded, and inspirational; and who enjoy working in an innovative and fast evolving environment. The Group is working on a number of exciting high profile campaigns, so it is a really exciting time to join the business.
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.