This job is no longer available
Reporting to the VP Marketing, International Events.
- To work as part of the Events Team of Econsultancy, to deliver high quality events including Festival of Marketing, Future of Digital Marketing, Global Digital Cream series and other external event programmes.
- To research and analyse the content and scope of speakers for each event to ensure they are both what the market wants as well as positioning the events at the cutting edge of the industry.
- To communicate with key industry figures to determine the validity of proposed topic, sub-themes, timing and location and secure them as speakers
- To build and maintain a speaker database for our events. To create a comprehensive topic briefing document for all events, which amongst other things will outline:
- An overview of the topic and its validity as either a stream or a stand alone event
- An account of the likelihood that the event will encourage the participation of paying delegates
- The highlights of the current issues faced by the industry
- To identify potential speakers and resource persons
- To identify key issues which will be addressed by the event
- To research all possible events covering the proposed topic to analyse potential conflicts in dates or overexposure
- To highlight possible sponsors to this event
- To plan for a post-conference Internal report
- To write the conference programme, invite speakers, liaise with speakers to ensure attendance, organise or assist in the organising of the event, as the case may be and to attend to all matters relating to and/or ancillary to ensuring a successful event
- To launch and manage a steering committee for the Festival of Marketing, to inform the agenda and provide industry kudo
- In liaison with the marketing team, support the marketing of sponsorship opportunities for events
- Liaising with the marketing team and meeting the deadlines within the marketing schedule - provide details of speakers and themes for event marketing, promotion, sales and related campaigns
- Liaising with speakers throughout the conference production cycle through to management of speakers onsite
- Preparing managing and reporting on speaker budgets
- Ensure the completion of post event delegate evaluation reports and recommended changes and improvements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years in programming events and conferences
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong editing skills. (writing samples required)
- Experience in working within a busy and international environment
- Demonstrable expertise in budgeting and managing projects to tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic and attention to quality and detail
- Ability to solve problems and successfully engage with appropriate technical and internal resources
- Ability to juggle multiple projects through highly effective organisational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge of the marketing and or digital marketing industries/landscape
- International event experience
- Prior contacts in the marketing/creative/brand/communications sectors.
Please send a covering letter stating why you think you're best for the role together with your CV and salary expectations by clicking on the Apply Now button.