This job is no longer available
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board, dedicated to recognising achievement in learners of all ages. The range of qualifications from OCR is wide and varied and there are choices for learners of all ages, abilities and needs. Over 13,000 schools, colleges, workplaces and other institutions use our A Levels, GCSEs and vocational qualifications.
The Education & Commercial Services team provide all the support services needed to deliver OCR’s qualifications and curriculum with confidence. The team focus is to be innovative in our approach, with a strong focus on digital and education technology whilst being the voice of the customer; to improve existing services and develop new commercial services to generate alternative revenue streams to make OCR more sustainable. The digital function in Education & Commercial Services is looking for an experienced digital user experience designer to develop user design and testing best practice across OCR.
This role is responsible for designing and defining the structure of OCR websites and other digital customer facing communications using current best practice procedures, in order to provide a coherent and high quality customer experience.
- The design and development of engaging user experiences.
- Managing user research, concept testing and usability testing
- Documenting architecture requirements
- Assisting front end development of websites, microsites, campaigns and promotions.
- To support the Web Content Manager and Design Manager with editing of digital platforms.
- Expected to assist in management of the mobile technology strategy and ensure implications across all digital platforms are considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Educated to degree level and/or relevant experience
• Skilled in use of sketches, mock-ups, wireframes and rapid prototype.
• HTML and CSS
• Web and digital design principles, including usability.
• Information architecture principles.
• Demonstrate the ability to assist creative and technical peers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Understands principles and importance of user journeys.
• Management of third party suppliers.
• Creating personas
• User testing for internal colleagues and external users.
• Expert reviews.
• Creating user testing panels.
• Best practice principles for both web and mobile platform design.
• Working with enterprise level CMS
• Empathetic to the needs and behaviours of a diverse customer base
• Excellent team player
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2014. Interviews will be held on the w/c 3 March 2014.
To find out more about this role, please view the job description, or alternatively apply online now via the apply now button and upload your covering letter and CV.