ORC International’s Web Development Team is seeking a senior web application developer. Our web team specialises in the development of bespoke web applications, web tools and products in support of market research conducted for our clients. Our web solutions are very data-centric and focus upon the data collection, analysis and reporting of complex research and business data. We sell directly to clients throughout the public and private sectors, and as such the team’s focus is commercially driven with a customer service culture. This role requires a confident, experienced web application developer who is comfortable working on mutiple projects to commercial deadlines.
ORC International offers competitive salaries, a competitive benefits package which includes private medical insurance, a non-contributory pension, a season ticket loan and an annual bonus scheme of up to 7% depending on company profit. We are an accredited investor in people and also offer cycle schemes, flexible working arrangements, and much more!
Reporting directly to the Web Application Development Team Leader, the senior web application developer will take overall responsibility for the technical design, implementation and test of externally client facing bespoke web applications. The role is very hands on and the candidate must be prepared to undertake development activities at any point within the project lifecycle.
The role includes the development of new web applications for both internal and external clients, as well as the support and maintenance of deployed web applications. Primary duties include the creation and technical ownership of Microsoft web development projects, technical design specification, coding and testing of unit modules and production of technical documentation.
You will join the team at an exciting time as our plans for the future will ensure that you are exposed to the latest technologies such as HTML5, MVC4, mobile development and SharePoint. As a result of the expected expansion the right candidate will have an opportunity to further their career by undertaking team management responsibilities including client facing activities.
To effectively contribute to this exciting role you will require excellent Microsoft web development skills coupled with some team leading experience. The role offers excellent potential to further your career and you will be a confident, proactive individual who is looking for an exciting new challenge
- The development of new client facing web applications in accordance with our development and coding standards:
- Production of detailed design specifications
- Production of code modules from detailed design specifications
- Unit testing of code modules including documentation of test results
- The support and maintenance of client web applications & ORC Products
- Taking technical instructions from the project’s Technical Lead.
Preferred Background & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years web development which must have been gained within a commercial environment using Microsoft technologies.
- A proactive self-starter who has a desire to leverage technology to meet client needs. Ability to work on multiple projects is a must.
- Knowledge and experience of producing data intensive client facing web applications.
- Fully experienced in n-tire architecture, and have developed within all 3 tiers, especially middle and UI tiers.
- Solid knowledge of the following technologies: XHTML, CSS, AJAX, JQuery, ASP.NET, ADO.NET .C#, NET 3.5, WebForms, WCF, MVC , SQLServer 2005/2008, T-SQL, SQL Reporting Services.
- Some exposure to content management systems, MS SharePoint, third-party .NET controls. .NET 4.0, Adobe Flex would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to full SDLC, and familiar with iterative development methodologies.
- BSc Hons degree in a numerate or IT discipline.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
To apply for this role, please click the apply now button.