This job is no longer available
Principal Digital Account Manager (Account Director)
This is an exciting opportunity to join Vodafone UK in a Principal Digital Account Manager role within the Configuration, Change and Online (CC&O) department. The Principle Digital Account Manager will have a good understanding of the digital marketing industry and where Vodafone fits into that. You should be an expert in the principles of digital marketing and what it can offer to our stakeholders and have the confidence to articulate that to stakeholders.
Within your role as Principle Digital Account Manager your primary focus will be on the scoping and delivery of medium to large projects either on a stand-alone basis or within a programme of work. You will manage stakeholder relationships at all levels develop a good working relationship with them, responding to their needs quickly and efficiently whilst continually acting to improve client satisfaction and quality. Delivering within scope, time, cost & quality are key to this position as well as managing change within the delivery lifecycle. You will drive innovative solutions to delivery needs & challenge the process to drive a high quality end product to screen.
As a Principal Digital Account Manager your main responsibilities will include:
Planning and prioritising
• You will have the ability to advise stakeholders on the best possible means of achieving their objectives and be able to bring in other experts from within the online domain as required
• You will be responsible for creating and maintaining plans related to programmes of work as well as on an individual project basis
• You will be required to provide a regular update to the management team regarding your stakeholder projects
• You will work closely with the Production Managers in resource profiling
Role within the Account Team
- You will report to the Client Services Production Manager and you will be required to keep the whole account team and the other internal departments up to date with any relevant developments.
- You will formalise reporting across your projects and provide a weekly status report.
- You should be able and willing to provide support within the team as and when required.
- You must manage and motivate the resources assigned to deliver your stakeholder projects.
- You must be seen to lead by example demonstrating ‘best in class’ in all areas of your work.
- At our weekly meetings you should provide an update on revenue as well as visibility on accruals and any impact they may have.
- You are responsible for ensuring all projects are scoped and approved in a timely manner before commencing.
- Traffic - you must ensure all timesheets are up to date for your projects.
- You should be able to write a compelling creative brief and brief the creative team on large projects. For all other briefs it is your responsibility to ensure they are correct and meet the stakeholder requirements.
- You should ensure that all work has been proof read before it is sent to the stakeholder.
- You should ensure that all copy and creative adheres to brand guidelines before sending to the Stakeholder.
- Project Management
- It is expected that you will have finely honed project management skills and you will use these in driving your own projects.
- As part of any significant work done for the stakeholder you should ensure that all results are compiled and a ‘wash-up’ document prepared by our internal analytics team for the client and for any internal presentations required.
- You will also need to ensure that any successes are documented as a case study/press release in order to be used for PR.
- Resource must be accurately booked and wastage avoided at all stages.
As a Principal Digital Account Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven experience in digital marketing
- High degree of proficiency in the use of MS Project
- Has a working knowledge of offline channels and how they integrate with digital activity
- Writes accurate, detailed media briefs
- Good knowledge of the role of partnerships in a strategic digital plan
- Strong programme / project management experience including team leadership & management of large, complex & cross functional interactive agency projects
- Significant stakeholder management experience with primary accountability for peer-level stakeholder relationships at a senior level
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies & tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage project, departmental & enterprise risks related to projects, systems & business analysis
- Understanding of the latest technologies (3D motion, flash, video) with a passion for the digital world & advertising
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, & decision making skills
- Strong facilitation as well as excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proven mentoring, supervisory, & team-building skills
We’ve come a long way since making the first ever mobile call in the on 1 January 1985. Today, more than 407 million customers around the world choose us to look after their communications needs. In 25 years, a small mobile operator in Newbury has grown into a global business and the seventh most valuable brand in the world. We now operate in more than 30 countries and partner with networks in over 50 more.
To find that spark that empowers you is why we are in business. That’s what we mean when we say ‘power to you’.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply now button