This job is no longer available
thetrainline.com is the UK’s leading independent retailer of train tickets online. We sell train tickets for all train companies & routes and serve millions of UK train travellers every year. Our goal is to help people save money on train tickets whether it’s online, on the phone or increasingly on mobile. Talented people, customer led product innovation and powerful marketing have made us one of the most successful online businesses in the UK and thetrainline.com is now the UK’s 2nd most visited travel website, and the 17th most visited UK e-commerce site.
Here at thetrainline, we put our growth and success down to saving money for our customers, ingenious innovation and our people – who are the best around. So we do our utmost to attract and keep them. We embrace our differences, act with integrity and honesty, celebrate our successes and reward well too. We believe in training, flexible working, substantial holidays and a lot more besides. It’s also about having fun – so we have social committees to make sure that we balance hard work with a bit of relaxation. We’re rightly proud of what we’re doing. And if you’d like to be part of a team that safely delivers to millions of customers every year, we’re sure you’ll like it here too.
To continue to deliver year on year growth we are seeking talented, innovative and enthusiastic people to join our dedicated team.
Working closely with the PPC Manager, the PPC Executive will help manage thetrainline’s paid search activity across Google and Bing.
You can expect to spend much of your time analysing results from campaigns, building optimisation models, creating reporting dashboards and communicating those results with key stakeholders. You will also assist with any strategy changes necessary to improve the campaigns.
You will help to research keywords specific to campaigns, get involved with real time bidding across Google, Yahoo and Bing and then run live search marketing campaigns. You will also have responsibility for creating adverts and writing marketing content to promote thetrainline.com offering. Working to KPIs you will also offer insight gained from analysing consumer behaviour on how to optimise the PPC campaigns to ensure we’re maximising return on investment for thetrainline.com.
- Due to the highly analytical nature of this role, it is essential to have a numerical background
- Would ideally suit someone with relevant online/analytical experience, or a graduate with a degree in mathematics or a numerical subject from a good university
- The ability to analyse, interpret and derive actionable insights from data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Basic understanding of business economics & budgets
- Self-starter and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of managing Adwords and/or Bing Ads.
- Experience of using Google Analytics and/or Adobe SiteCatalyst
- Passion and curiosity for online marketing
- A methodical approach to analysis and completing tasks
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated and results-driven
Why work for us?
We are a fast moving, exciting environment with a relaxed, friendly culture. Significant training opportunities exist for the right candidate. Our offices are based in Central London.
Benefits include: 25 days holiday (plus Public and Bank Holidays), life assurance, Gymflex, Season Ticket loan, pension contributions, medical and dental insurance (subject to qualifying periods).