This job is no longer available
As a key part of the company’s growth strategy, Hackett.com has recently undergone a transformation, with a complete redesign and replatforming of its website. With further developments and international expansion planned, an opportunity has arisen for a Front end Developer to join our ecommerce team. You will be responsible for working in a local website environment, deploying to the staging environment for testing and quality assurance, and liaising with our internal tech resource and external web development agency as needed and teaming up with the agency Technical Lead to deploy final development to the production environment, and working with internal or external Project Management to make solution recommendations and/or provide estimates as needed.
It is expected that you will be passion driven, have an ever-increasing love for embracing technology and the work you do to make a difference.
You will be working on a range of tasks including developing new code for our Magento installation, fixing problems with existing code, refactoring existing code and integrating 3rd party code with 3rd party systems.
You will preferably be a Magento developer with experience at at least one or two large-scale commercial deployments; however we would also be interested in talking to very experienced PHP developers with a lot of MVC framework knowledge and ORM experience, particularly those with a track record in e-commerce.
This is a position for fast moving developers, and you will be expected to get up to speed with our systems and be developing productively in short order. In return, you will have plenty of technical challenges, a fun and stimulating work environment, and plenty of creative input.
• 2+ years experience in general web interface development
• Pre-existing experience building themes on the Magento platform
• Familiarity with Photoshop and other interface centric development tools
• A working knowledge of the PHP programming language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A sharp attention to detail
Skills and experience required:
• High level of HTML5 and CSS3
• Knowledge of browser compatibility issues
• Familiarity with modern techniques such as mobile development, touch interfaces, responsive web design, font-face and TypeKit etc.
• Understanding the language of design, from grids down to kerning type.
• SVN/Git version control
• PHP5/Zend/Magento/Django templating experience.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply now button