This job is no longer available
This is new role within our rapidly growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our front-end capabilities, building responsive prototypes and leading the way in new technologies. Therefore, we are seeking a confident and creative practitioner with strong design, development, communication and mentoring skills.
- Reporting to the Head of Visual Design, you will be responsible for developing our front-end capabilities within the business
- Work with Interaction and Visual Designers to develop desktop and responsive prototypes
- Experience of working on complex user interface interaction or visual design challenges across mobile, tablet, desktop and other devices
- Provide an assessment of the capabilities of frameworks or Content Management Systems that our clients are using
- Be a champion of new technologies, and share your knowledge and skills
- Evolve the team’s build methodologies, championing new ways of working, identifying trends in technology and commerce
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities.
- Contribute to our marketing programme, including writing articles, speaking and attending industry conferences and events
- A portfolio that demonstrates a high level of front-end coding skills, along with either interaction or visual design capabilities
- A robust working knowledge of design software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Knowledge of Axure and / or Omnigraffle would be an advantage
- A strong understanding of a variety of back-end code, build frameworks and Content Management Systems
- A strong understanding of user experience design methodologies
- Experience of building responsive sites
- Demonstrate a creative, inquisitive nature that challenges convention
- The ability to recommend the right build methodologies and deliverables during a project
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believe in collaborative thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Thursday, where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates. Finally, we all have generous individual training budgets, which helps us progress and develop skills within our roles.
Oh, and we have a constant supply of fresh fruit, tea and coffee in the offices.
And Cake Friday. To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.