This job is no longer available
Head of eCommerce:
One of Irelands leading departmental store retailers is looking to recruit a full time Head of eCommerce with strong strategic awareness and people management skills, commercial astuteness and a proven track record in commercial delivery.
- Optimise website traffic
- Optimise conversion
- Optimise average order value (AOV)
- Minimise returns
- Minimise fraud
- Lead the effort to aggressively grow and optimise the retail business’s eCommerce channel and effectively integrate online with the core business
- Develop and manage the eCommerce team to ensure the company’s plans are executed effectively and on time through inspiring innovation, commitment and people development.
- Deliver all aspects of the brand’s online experience and performance, championing a clear vision which demonstrates and realises the potential for the brand online
- Champion eCommerce within the organisation and in particular the management team, ensuring integration across strategy, plans and processes
- Work with all 3rd party partners/suppliers to optimise and execute eCommerce initiatives effectively & efficiently
- Increase online sales and meet financial objectives through annual budget preparation, on-going forecasting, result analysis etc.
- Work closely with the marketing and retail team to develop appropriate promotional and marketing strategies to drive traffic, conversion, sales and margin, among other metrics
- Utilize Google analytics and internal reports to understand how customers are engaging with the site and collaborate with merchandising and marketing teams to improve online merchandising
- Maintain & develop the online reporting suites covering performance and analytics reporting
- Provide continual, prioritised actionable insights to improve the performance, effectiveness and efficiency of the online business resulting in improved sales and profit
- Support budget and cost management as well as business case development
- Lead the planning, review and analysis of the digital marketing plan including Search, SMS, Affiliate Marketing, PPC and display campaigns
- A straight talker, able to relate e-Commerce to the wider business and communicate input clearly and concisely without baffling colleagues with jargon
- A broad range of understanding and experience across online marketing, website development and commercial/retail trading
- Experience of Analytics and/or a commercial web analytics tool such as (IBM (CoreMetrics), Webtrends, Adobe Analytics (Omniture/SiteCatalyst) etc.)
- Expert knowledge of eCommerce website best practice, KPIs and benchmarks with online fashion and multichannel retailers
- Significant and demonstrable experience of improving commercial results of a high traffic retail website by using A/B tools and methods such as Visual Website Optimiser, Sitespect, Maximyser etc.
- Strong understanding of User Centred Design principles and experience of conducting usability research in an ecommerce environment with demonstrable commercial results
- Strong interpersonal skills; proactive, inspiring, influential
- Customer focused, commercially minded, highly numerate and articulate
- Retail marketing experience is desirable
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.
Heatons is an equal opportunities Employer.