This job is no longer available
Age UK’s vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be. We're passionately committed to helping as many people as possible love later life.
We currently have a vacancy for a UX Lead. The focus of this role is to ensure that all Age UK’s online work delivers an excellent user experience by carrying out research to understand user needs and behaviour, testing and improving designs and championing/implementing best practice in usability throughout all stages of a project lifecycle.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Researching audiences for new online markets, gathering user requirements and creating personas and scenarios.
- Designing information architecture (including navigation schemes and taxonomies).
- Creating annotated wireframes for new developments.
- Building prototypes to test new developments before deployment.
- Liaising with design agencies on visual designs, and working with developers to specify process workflows.
- Conducting heuristic evaluation, competitor evaluation and market research.
- Planning and implementing user research and making recommendations to improve the user experience.
- Previous experience of working on medium - large digital projects with a large and diverse audience, preferably with experience in UX for both conversion journeys and information dissemination.
- Knowledge/experience of wire framing and prototyping and use of relevant tools (eg. Axure, Balsamiq or similar).
- Experience of planning and moderating user research.
- Knowledge of research tools (eg. Morae, Optimal Workshop or similar).
- Excellent editorial skills and content analysis.
Please visit our website by clicking on the Apply Now button for a job pack and information on how to apply.
Closing date: 17 April 2014
We are an Investors in People and equal opportunities employer and accept candidates from all diverse groups.