This job is no longer available
- Expert knowledge of digital communications environment
- High levels of creativity and innovative problem solving
- Application of expert knowledge of internal and external environment
- Provide specialist communications advice across the organisation and displays an innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Works independently to make decisions.
- Analyse, interpret and act on complex information from varied and diverse sources.
- Employ well-developed influencing and negotiating skills
- Required to operate to tight deadlines using independent judgement within clear parameters.
- Ensure a deep level of customer insight and analytics knowledge is at the heart of all content choices for all digital channels, reviewing, updating and commissioning content to ensure that website, social media, blogs and emails are at all times high quality and aligned with the supporter engagement strategy.
- Support the Head of Digital Engagement in developing personalised, targeted and/or device specific content for mobile users.
- Develop a website content strategy, based on statistical and audience insights, to support the business objectives and user principles of the site.
- Provide training to improve web and mobile writing knowledge and skills of website contributors both within the Creative and Content team and across the organisation, so that these skills become mainstreamed.
- Contribute to the development of the Communications Team content strategy.
- Develop a blog strategy in collaboration with organisational blog owners; define and commission improvements to the blog platform and manage blog output of the main OGB blog channel. Support and steer the work of blog selfpublishers in line with the blog strategy.
- Manage, plan and optimise on-site promotion (through testing and analysis).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Excellent written and editorial skills, with strong experience of writing for web and mobile, and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of delivering projects and content for clients/stakeholders.
- Good general knowledge of user experience best practice, usability and accessibility.
- Strong awareness of the digital media environment
- Experience of working with a content management system
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and a diverse workload to tight deadlines
- Able to work collaboratively across teams and exert influence when appropriate
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, gender equity (particularly around poor women's rights)
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and image-editing software
- Experience of Sitecore Content Management System
- Experience of writing for email and social media
- Knowledge of Oxfam and / or the charity sector
Telephone Interviews: Thursday, 8th May 2014.
Face to Face Interviews: Thursday, 15th May 2014.