This job is no longer available
Econsultancy is a community where the world's digital marketing and ecommerce professionals meet to sharpen their strategy, source suppliers, get quick answers, compare notes, help each other out and discover how to do everything better online. Founded in 1999, Econsultancy has grown to become the leading source of independent advice and insight on digital marketing and ecommerce. Our research, events, online resources and training programmes help our 210,000+ registered users make better decisions, build business cases, find the best suppliers, look smart in meetings and accelerate their careers.
The Digitals & The Festival of Marketing
Last year nma’s Effectiveness Awards (launched in 1997), and Econsultancy’s Innovation Awards (launched online in 2009) joined forces to create the industry-wide awards programme The Digitals. The Digitals celebrate, recognise and award excellence in digital marketing and ecommerce, drawing the best of the best from around the globe.
Last year we also launched the Festival of Marketing, our exciting all-encompassing event that helps every marketer rise to the challenges of change. This year, the Festival of Marketing and the Digitals will combine to take place in November.
Econsultancy is seeking a confident, personable and highly-organised individual to help with the operational side of our flagship events. In this temporary events role, you will be closely involved in speaker and sponsor coordination, delegate relationship management, as well as ensuring the smooth running of the events onsite, predominantly looking after the speakers and sponsors.
Reporting to the Events Manager, you’ll be working within the events team, which combines the operations, commercial & marketing teams, alongside several other internal teams as well as clients, partners, speakers, sponsors and suppliers. Fostering good relationships with each of these groups is an important part of the role, requiring a professional attitude, enthusiasm and commitment to delivering excellence.
The Econsultancy working environment is informal, open and hard-working. This is a six-month contract, starting in June, in a role that presents a great opportunity to contribute to the growth of a successful organisation, gaining new experience in events, in the fast-paced, and growing digital marketing industry.
Reporting to the Events Manager, your tasks will include:
- Being the main point of contact speakers for all sponsors, speakers, facilitators and conference Chairs
- Collecting & chasing information required for the event, and logging these effectively
- Remaining in regular contact with the speakers and sponsors, flagging up any who have not been responsive
- Collating special speaker requirements for onsite materials, as well as to send to the relevant suppliers in advance of the event
- Assisting with managing delegate queries and requests
- Ensuring that all teams are informed and coordinated
- Helping out with ad hoc activity outside the core role
- The ability to be customer focused and to build working relationships.
- Proven good communication and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving ability, creativity, drive and entrepreneurial spirit is essential.
- Experience working in an administrative role
- Multi-tasker who’s organised, thorough and tenacious
- Professional, responsive and personable
- Team player - happy to take instructions, but also able to work independently and proactively when required
- Able to build close and trusted relationships with people you work with (at and beyond Econsultancy)
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Calm, confident with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in Central London
- Willing to embrace a challenge!
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent time management
- Positive approach and keen to learn
- Events operations experience
- Interest or background in event operations
- Degree preferred
- Proof-reading skills
- Process-driven, systematic approach
- Enjoys problem-solving and logistical puzzles
- Good memory for names
- Project management skills - delivery on time
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.