This job is no longer available
This role is maternity cover for TUI Marine’s CRM Manager position based in Surbiton, Surrey, at the head of a 3 person team. Responsible for managing and enhancing the business potential of our customer and prospect database and managing and helping the CRM team to drive meaningful customer insight to the business. The role requires a strategic approach to CRM, a very strong working knowledge of relational databases and ideally FastStats.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To drive a new CRM strategy forward, growing the TUI Marine brand’s databases with valuable and marketable data on our customers and prospects
- To communicate the strategy and importance of CRM across the business
- To work with the wider business to improve data quality and capture processes, included but not limited to the customer services, sales and ecommerce teams.
- To work with the CRM stakeholders across the business to help deliver stage 3 of the Celerity project.
- To manage the implementation of our new Celerity CRM system: Faststats
- Responsibility for best practice management of all existing TUI Marine customer databases – email, brochure requests, competition entrants, partnerships data, bookers and CSQs
- Work across the business to deliver relevant and required training to enable a better understanding across the business as to the value of CRM and its role and scope
- Work with IT, project management and key stakeholders to help deliver stage 3 of TUI Marine’s Celerity project
- Work with the managers across the business to enhance the capture and depth of prospect and customer data (via web site, third parties, overseas, travel agent & group bookings)
- Ensure match rates for duplicate customer / prospect data are robust to maximise single customer view
- Help manage gone-aways and suppression updates in line with best practice
- Be key TUI Marine contact with Celerity
- Ensure TUI Marine adhere to Data Protection standards and legislation
Customer Contact Strategy
- Define and maintain ongoing business rules for customer contact management based on behaviours
- Ensure we are targeting the right customers with the right propositions at the right time to optimise ROI, via behavioural analysis – working with web analytics team to understand timeline and path to first booking, lead time to departure, and interaction levels with our communications
- Recency frequency and value analysis – understand the most important customers by value and repeat booking behaviour, to inform customer contact prioritisation and investment
- In line with future marketing strategy, help develop customer retention, loyalty and advocacy strategies
Reporting & Insight
- Run monthly database reports and provide results presentations with meaningful and insightful analysis – with narrative not just numbers - championing the findings proactively into the business.
- Be a customer insight champion in Marketing and work to align other relevant customer insight (UX / Web Analytics / Brand Research/ Marketing/ Digital Marketing) into CRM reports to add colour and depth to reports
- Report on TUI direct marketing campaigns to ensure future campaigns target the most responsive and most valuable customers. This may include customer profiling in the future.
- Prospect source analysis – what are the most effective sources in terms of conversion, value and repeat business – including web sign ups, competitions, brochure requests, partnerships data and booking data, to inform data capture strategy
- Manage and lead the CRM team, managing career development, a succession plan and training opportunities
- Build relationships with key areas of the business, the wider SHG business and external suppliers in order to deliver all of the above
- Be a proactive member of the Marketing team, using customer insight to help the Marketing team drive an effective and robust contact and communications strategy
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Competencies: i.e. those (including qualifications) required to fulfil role:
- We are looking for a CRM Manager, with several years experience in a similar commercial environment, working across multiple brands
- Working knowledge of relational database systems – such as FastStats or similar
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience creating database reports and creating meaningful presentations
- Good understanding of data protection legislation
- A degree education
- Previous experience within the travel industry would be beneficial
- Previous experience working with email campaign management systems
- Experience building predictive models and / or multi-wave campaign tools
- Self motivated, team player, able to work under pressure, excellent communication skills and an eye for detail
To apply for this position, please click the Apply now button