This job is no longer available
Healthspan Group is a privately owned group of companies based in the Channel Islands. Since its inception nearly 18 years ago, Healthspan has become the clear leader in the direct to consumer nutritional supplements market with a majority share.
Healthspan has expanded its brands and reach over this time, such that, along with the supplements, further ranges of products and brands have been developed in skincare (Nurture) and animal health (VetVits), an alternative smoking device (Zebra) and very recently, an athletes’ certified product range (Elite). The company is renowned for its marketing, product innovation and new business plans.
Marketing is at the heart of this business and its success to date has been built on a blend of blue chip professionalism and entrepreneurial marketing skills coupled with leading edge IT, CRM and digital solutions.
Having developed a unique business model and relationship with its consumers, Healthspan are now looking for talented people to help move the company to the next level.
There is a healthy marketing budget to finance ambitious cross-channel customer acquisition programmes as well as enviable innovative customer retention programs.
The role is based in the Healthspan House located in St Peter Port.
The company is particularly proud of its friendly and informal atmosphere, whilst at the same time mixing this with a true ‘can do’ work ethic.
Healthspan is an ethical company, producing the highest quality products at pharmaceutical standards. Using our expertise in nutrition our customers trust us to offer them good value products to help support a healthy lifespan.
Based in Guernsey, the quality of life is very special with low personal taxation, strong community spirit, beautiful clean beaches, safe environment, excellent schools and yet only a short hop to a range of UK destinations such as London and Bristol (both 55 minutes). If you love the outdoors, boating, surfing, great restaurants and want a refreshing change from the UK’s over-crowded towns and long commutes then this could be just what you’ve been looking for - all the professionalism of London without the downsides.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will be an ambitious marketer and will have at least a five year track record of demonstrable success in an FMCG, consumer market or retail environment. The primary task of this role will be to create new business vehicles for Healthspan, acquiring new customers and revenue streams
This key role will be a hybrid of special projects, brand & new business development strategy and innovation pipeline planning. It will have P&L responsibility to identify and develop compelling and innovative brand & business propositions, driving discrete projects through to commercialisation in line with the company’s overall business goals.
This role is project-led. Therefore its scope will be flexible and determined by what is appropriate. This will include:
- consumer/target market scoping and identification of brand stretch initiatives across new markets, delivery systems, channels of distribution & customer touch points, taking into consideration new business models, resource planning (both internal and external),
- execution of launch phase and,
- where appropriate, ongoing business management /line management post-launch.
To achieve this, the candidate will be working with a range of internal departments and external agencies including our own in-house design studio, digital marketing, PR, customer metrics, expert nutrition panel and procurement teams.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- A business related degree
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience with proven success in previous marketing roles
- Currently operating at Senior Brand Manager level or above
- Proven project management skills
- Direct Marketing skills (particularly digital) and health/wellbeing sector experience would be a real bonus.
- Interpersonal/influencing and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure against tight deadlines
The successful candidate will be:
- Bursting with flair and entrepreneurial spirit
- A self-starter, with oodles of initiative
- A real finisher, strong on attention to detail and brilliant at execution
- A natural team player
- Awash with potential for further personal growth and development.
This role will be based in the Guernsey head office and may require some travel to other Group offices in the UK.
For this role the company will seek a local market housing license where applicable.
The Group is also involved in a number of hotels and a small regional airline, responsibility for these is not part of this job function.
Benefits typically include
- Competitive annual salary package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Discounted Blue Islands flight travel
- 25 days holiday
- Nutritional supplements and skincare products
If this position sounds interesting to you please e-mail us for a job specification and to send in your CV and details by clicking the Apply now button